Complete noob question. Thank you for helping!

Unofficial support for the creating and editing of metas.
DixonDT

Complete noob question. Thank you for helping!

Post #1 »

Hey all. So i'm very slowly dipping my toes into the water with creating the most basic of Metas.. I was trying to create a meta that would change a players wardrobe on a timer (Say every hour)

I assumed it would require using the actiontryuseitem command, but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. (Go on, get your laughs out :) )

I attempted to have it use [Sollerets] (Which are already equipped") , and if that worked, i was going to attempt to have it use a new pair which was in the inventory (As using the ones in the inventory while already having sollz equipped would give a "You must remove your Sollerets to equip that!" Type message in AC.

Again, I feel like such a noob, but i'm desperate to learn :)

Really looking forward to hearing some answers!

Tyvm!

DixonDT

Post #2 »

Little Update:

I've had a bit of success using MagTools expression /mt use (item here)

I used "Seconds in state" and gradually increased the seconds by 1, having Mag Tools remove the armor I have equipped, and then using the new armor pieces... And It works... ALMOST. lol

It runs into an issue with helmets for some reason. It will Equip and Unequip a generic store bought "Helmet" (Full name),
But I get an "Unknown Command!" issue when trying to have it equip or unequip a helmet named "Gold Helmet" or "Pyreal Helmet", Yet is has no issues with other items like "Exarch Plate Coat" or "Hoary Mattekar Robe"

[VTank] Meta executing action: Chat Command: /mt use Gold Helmet
Unknown command!

Its really throwing me for a loop. Doesn't make sense to me that it should have an issue as long as the item is spelled correctly.. But what the hell do I know.

For the record, Im sure theres a much better way of doing what i'm trying to accomplish, But I thought I was on to something.

ALSO. I had the idea of trying to Hotbar the armor items, and then send a keyboard command 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 ETC, But can't seem to get magtools to do that either, and again i'm too stupid to find a way to have Vtank issue the command as a Keyboard press, and not a message to send to public.

Anywho.. I'll keep looking for the door in the dark lol :D

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #3 »

dont add the material type, so...for gold helmet, its real name is just helmet...
Immortalbob of MT

DixonDT

Post #4 »

So how would you go about distinguishing between two helmets?

Thank you for replying btw!

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #5 »

use 2 helmets of different makes? lol otherwise you're boned...

helmet
kabuton
heaume
armet
etc
Immortalbob of MT

DixonDT

Post #6 »

Really?! I thought for sure there'd be some way to identify via a different method or something. Either way, Thank you very much.

Oh and I tried using two helmets btw, But I wanted two different colors and it can't differentiate between the two since both are "Helmet".

It just equips the first one in the inventory.