Castaway Files and instructions

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
AutumnsDawn

Castaway Files and instructions

Post #1 »

Only posting this information, I did not write any of this.

I have gotten reports that this is not working correctly so I have added a new attachment
Castaway.zip
Complete package
(813.72 KiB) Downloaded 1058 times
then skip step one

Step one: Go to http://www.silostoybox.com/castaway_update.php, scroll to the very bottom and download Castaway.msi and Castaway.dll

Step Two: install Castaway Bot 1.8.0.4

Step Three: Castaway Bot 1.8.0.5 is a dll, so just replace the 1.8.0.4 dll with the new one.

You may also need: msxml4 (from microsoft) https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=15697

For the following steps, Botspeech and Botspells are located in the drive you installed it on\ Documents \ Castaway \ Settings \ (server name) \ (character name) \ Drop them in here i.e. \C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Castaway\Settings\ReefCull\Wenddawn

These files are attached below.

Step Four: botspeech.xml - edit this for your own bot

Step Five: botspells.xml for this edited version of botspells that has removed weapon and armor buffs, and fixed problem with FW LW and MW, as well as stam regen on trades spell array. [This is for the Emulator]

Additional help: Spell Dump, some of the spells have to use the number rather than the name.
Castaway XMLs.zip
(93.28 KiB) Downloaded 789 times

kitten169

Post #2 »

I can't get castaway to work gives all the old not the 2h hw lw etc it shows in xml file but not where you buff youself and it doesn't buff others except for a couple spells then quits does anyone know how I can fix it?

AutumnsDawn

Post #3 »

It sounds like you missed some of the steps listed above. Make sure you did them all.

kitten169

Post #4 »

i did but I will undo and do again and see if it will work then
ty

kitten169

Post #5 »

well I read wrong it said replace 1.8.0.4 with 1.8.0.5 dll and was told could get it here but I see no where to download it sorry for being such a pain

AutumnsDawn

Post #6 »

It should have been included in the original zip file but you have to add it by hand

kitten169

Post #7 »

didn't work still says old stuff ua archer sword not hw lw missile thx tho

WingNutz

Post #8 »

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if someone might have access to the source code. I was one of the developers on the plugin and would love to take a look at it and possibly update it.