GM: "IBAirport" - Multi-Char Portal Bot (Updated Ver. 1.4.2)

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
Immortalbob
Site Admin

GM: "IBAirport" - Multi-Char Portal Bot (Updated Ver. 1.4.2)

Post #1 »

Portal bot meta to run an entire account of portal bots. I built this for the portal bot on Reefcull, because what he was using was terrible. Now everyone benefits!

Setup:
1. on line 2 of the meta is the character list, just replace what is in there with your characters (I would put these in the order they are listed on your login screen)
Example: setvar[CharacterOne, Immortalbob]
2. on line 3 of the meta are the trigger words for the portals that can be summoned, please match these to the char list (COnePOne = Character One Primary)
Example: setvar[COnePOne, ayan]
3. on line 4 of the meta are the friendly names, please match these to the char list (COnePri = Character one Primary)
Example: setvar[COnePri, Ayan Baqur]
4. on line 5 is the meta file name, if you wish to use multiple bots on the same computer, they will need their own meta file with a unique name. Do not use numbers, spaces, or symbols in the file name.
5. lines 6 and 7 are for the headings that the portals will be summoned. They are using random numbers so if you have your bots all stacked on the same spot they wont summon portals right on top of the last portal summoned (most of the time).
5. lines 8 and 9 are your spam timer and beg for comps timer, these are both in seconds. Standard value is 30 minutes (1800) for spam, and 2 minutes (120) to beg for comps.
6. lines 10 and 11 are for password restricted access. enable usepassword and change the password in the next line.

Headings explained:
0/360 = N
90 = E
180 = S
260 = W
currently the meta is set up to summon between S and W (200, 250) and between W and N (290,340)

If "UsePassword" is enabled:
-bot will sit silent, and only react to @tells, no local chat
-when correct password is received, it will go into normal functionality.
-if no command is sent after password is received, and after 60 seconds, bot will return to only accepting the password
-after a successful portal summon, bot will require the password again.

Notes:
If you want to use parenthesis in your friendly names, you must escape them with a \
Example: Ayan Baqur \(Panopticon\)

Commands Accepted
whereto - @tells your list of triggers, and friendly names to the requester.
help - @tells the requester to use whereto
trigger words - your triggers for summoning portals

Known Issues:
1. Sometimes the server wont process your log out correctly, its not the meta, its the emulator
2. Sometimes the /vt start command wont go through upon login, very rarely

Requiremets:
Decal
Vtank
Mag-Filter & Mag-Tools https://github.com/Mag-nus/Mag-Plugins/releases

Current Version:
ibairport.met
Version 1.4.2
(28.91 KiB) Downloaded 351 times
Deprecated:
ibairport.met
Version 1.4.1
(28.91 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
ibairport.met
Version 1.4
(28.91 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
ibairport.met
Version 1.3
(28.4 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
ibairport.met
Version 1.2
(26.47 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
ibairport.met
Version 1.1b
(25.03 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
ibairport.met
Version 1.1
(24.82 KiB) Downloaded 480 times
ibairport.met
Version 1.0
(24.11 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
Immortalbob of MT

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Changelog:
Version 1.4.2
-Bugfix, password system should be functional now...

Version 1.4.1
-Bugfix, will now actually summon secondary portals...

Version 1.4
-MetaFileName added to edit here state. This is so you can use multiple bots on the same computer. Rename the file for each account, and put the name in this variable so it loads the correct meta.

Version 1.3
-UsePassword variable added, set to always/never to use it.
-Password variable added, set it to a text only password if you wish to use a password.

Version 1.2
-Added checks and error messages for no skill/low skill, foci, components, and spells learned.

Version 1.1b
-Changed whereto output to 4 lines to avoid sending too many characters to the chatbox.

Version 1.1
-Made spam timer, and beg for comps timer easily editable. (must restart meta for changes to take effect)

Version 1.0
-Initial Release
Immortalbob of MT

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #3 »

Bump for Version 1.2 update. No functionality changes with this update, so its not a necessity to update if you're already working. It adds checks to see if item enchantment is trained, or if the skill level is too low. Also checks for Foci of Artifice, Prismatic Tapers/Silver Scarabs, and it verifies Summon Primary/Secondary Portal I are learned.
Immortalbob of MT

DKSorc

Post #4 »

my apologies for bothering you, IB, but I have 2 questions:

1) can you run it using only some of characters on an account (only have a few set up with levels/portals, will be getting more when I can)
2)your instructions seem to suggest putting characters in order that the server has them, is that a requirement, or can they be put in different order

thanks, and keep being awesome

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #5 »

order doesnt matter, i've never tried to run it without a full account set up...dunno
Immortalbob of MT

DKSorc

Post #6 »

hey, IB

I tested out the meta with only 3 of the characters having portals (other characters created, but not used), and it still worked. if you delete the trigger words in the meta, and leave them blank, when someone says 'whereto' it shows you an error in red, and then moves on to next . . . and to the 'customer', it only shows the active portal triggers, with 1 minor caveat:

I have 3 characters with 2 portals each, those 3 characters are set up on the meta, including their 2 portals each, and for some reason it acts like nothing is set for the secondary portal for the third character.

the other issue I am having, I assum is because something on my magfilter isn't set up right, or it needs an update or something. some of the commands when your meta sends them come back with "unknown command" in green. I will list them below:

--current character has requested portal
/mt face +cstr[getvar[HeadingOne]]
/mt combatstate magic not wrong in meta
/mt combatstate peace
(does not change heading at all, summons portal, does not drop back into peace mode)

--other characetr has requested portal
/mt logout
(does not log out on its own, when logged out manually, automatically opens up requested character, and summons, with same issues listed above)

I have:
Decal v2.9.7.5
Vtank v1.0.0.0
Mag Filter v2.0.2

so, in conclusion, yes, the meta can definitely be used with less than a full complement of characters (previous question that you were unsure of). unfortunately, I suck, so I don't know why it's acting wonky with me. thanks in advance for whatever help you can lend.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #7 »

you need magtools as well (I notice that was not in the requirements, but it is now)
Immortalbob of MT

Verenson

Post #8 »

I just finished setting up the ibairport.. got everyone their portals. However 5 of the portals do no show on the whereto list and cannot be "requested" even when not shown on the list. Below is the error that keeps popping up when a character sends "whereto"

[VTank] Error in meta expression chat action: \/t +getvar[capturegroup_name]+\, +getvar[CThreePTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CThreeSec]+\)\, +getvar[CFourPOne]+\ \(+getvar[CFourPri]+\)\, +getvar[CFourPTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CFourSec]+\)\, +getvar[CFivePOne]+\ \(+getvar[CFivePri]+\)\, +getvar[CFivePTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CFiveSec]+\) (Attempted to operate on two disparate types: "\/t +getvar[capturegroup_name]+\, +getvar[CThreePTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CThreeSec]+\)\, +getvar[CFourPOne]+\ \(+getvar[CFourPri]+\)\, +getvar[CFourPTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CFourSec]+\)\, +getvar[CFivePOne]+\ \(+getvar[CFivePri]+\)\, +getvar[CFivePTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CFiveSec]+\)")

I have tried renaming the portals, have relogged the account. same 5 portals everytime
Any help is Greatly appreciated

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #9 »

you probably goofed up the naming of the portals/the triggers in some way. numbers, and symbols require a \ before them

IE:
\1\1\0 eaters
eaters \(\1\1\0\)

or you could encapsulate the entire thing in backticks ` (the ~ key)

`120 eaters`

Or, possibly you left a closing bracket ] off the end of some of them...
Immortalbob of MT

Dmdtt

Post #10 »

Verenson wrote:I just finished setting up the ibairport.. got everyone their portals. However 5 of the portals do no show on the whereto list and cannot be "requested" even when not shown on the list. Below is the error that keeps popping up when a character sends "whereto"

[VTank] Error in meta expression chat action: \/t +getvar[capturegroup_name]+\, +getvar[CThreePTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CThreeSec]+\)\, +getvar[CFourPOne]+\ \(+getvar[CFourPri]+\)\, +getvar[CFourPTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CFourSec]+\)\, +getvar[CFivePOne]+\ \(+getvar[CFivePri]+\)\, +getvar[CFivePTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CFiveSec]+\) (Attempted to operate on two disparate types: "\/t +getvar[capturegroup_name]+\, +getvar[CThreePTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CThreeSec]+\)\, +getvar[CFourPOne]+\ \(+getvar[CFourPri]+\)\, +getvar[CFourPTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CFourSec]+\)\, +getvar[CFivePOne]+\ \(+getvar[CFivePri]+\)\, +getvar[CFivePTwo]+\ \(+getvar[CFiveSec]+\)")

I have tried renaming the portals, have relogged the account. same 5 portals everytime
Any help is Greatly appreciated
what did you change the names of the portals to? Attempted to operate on two disparate types: error generally occurs when you accidentally save a variable as a number when it is suppose to be saved as a string instead then when you use + to add additional strings it instead treats it as an operator because of the variable saved as a number instead of add string.