Beginner Questions

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
harmon

Beginner Questions

Post #1 »

I've just started learning about meta, please be patient. :)

I have a few questions (actually a lot, but I'll start with three for now) as I begin to move from algorithm to rule-set.

1. How do I create an action to cast a particular spell? LS and Portal1/Portal2 recalls more specifically. ( I have the spell numbers from the dump, but I can't track down a reference that shows the syntax for the command to use)

2. How does one accomplish movement inside a building (once co-ords are gone)? ie. after entering the door, move to a vendor

3. Can someone confirm that there is no external editor to build a meta? The in-game one is rather clunky in going back and forth between the rule list and the editor pane. (Although I am getting used to it).

Thanks for any help!

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

1 magtools
2 routes
3 correct

If you want great examples of how to do things like this, check out the various control metas here on the forums for download.
Immortalbob of MT

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #3 »

Mag-tools commands - https://github.com/Mag-nus/Mag-Plugins/ ... mmand-Line
Virindi meta expressions - http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/Meta_Expressions

Recalls can be added to a route via the route tab, or explicitly send the cast command through mag-tools or vt expressions

http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/B ... undleGuide

There is no difference between movement inside or outside, you use the route tab to add waypoints as you go, VT will automatically open doors (if you have OpenDoors enabled) or you can send a command to use the door.

harmon

Post #4 »

Thank you thank you!

I'm seeing pauses in multi point navigation. Sometimes the first nav, sometimes later points. If I press the forward key, nav resumes again. Is this a known issue, Phat/emu related or possibly specific to me only? :P

The route is a Once only, with 5-10 points in it.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #5 »

turn off mouse turning in the AC options. it screws with vtank nav
Immortalbob of MT

harmon

Post #6 »

Worked like a charm - thanks!

I have added OpenDoors in, and it seems to be drawing the toon off the nav paths ("Must Open Doors!")?

What is the best practice for enabling doors? I tried setting the range down to .0042 and it is still trying to open a nearby door in town rather than start the nav.

What I have is like this:

OpenDoor true
DoorRange .0042
nav pts
nav pts
OpenDoor false

Also - seeing some drift off course on nav paths. I don't think I've corrupted/messed up the .navs is there any reason that a nav would stop running true after a few executions?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #7 »

Follow/Nav Min is used to determine how strict you follow a route.
Set it to 1.5

Dmdtt

Post #8 »

for opening doors I always had it set to false when I start a route that goes through towns then in the route itself when I am approaching a door add a /vt opt set chat command to enable the setting. not 100% sure on the exact command but I think its something like,(its been awhile lol)
/vt opt set opendoors true

add that in after a nav point before a door that you need to open and it will trigger vtank to begin trying to open doors. then in a later part of the route past the door disable the setting again if needed.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #9 »

Dmdtt wrote:for opening doors I always had it set to false when I start a route that goes through towns then in the route itself when I am approaching a door add a /vt opt set chat command to enable the setting. not 100% sure on the exact command but I think its something like,(its been awhile lol)
/vt opt set opendoors true

add that in after a nav point before a door that you need to open and it will trigger vtank to begin trying to open doors. then in a later part of the route past the door disable the setting again if needed.
this
Immortalbob of MT