AC Tool Final

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #31 »

this version is legit, Phin was working to get his changes rolled into the main release, but...the end of AC happened...

as for why its not working? i dunno, it did function just fine before the official servers went down. I'm not in a position to provide support on this, and I don't believe Phin frequents these forums much anymore.

I'm going to say that phatac isn't passing the same information back to the client as the official servers...but thats just a hypothesis.
Immortalbob of MT

Lone

Post #32 »

I think I am running 5.4.0.5. What I notice is that it runs really really slow. When I hit F2 in game to start the macro, it takes 3 or 4 seconds before the first line is executed. (I put a bunch of SayPaste statements in my macro to test this)

I probably should output some of the PluginResult variables. I would guess they are timing out which is why it seems to run slow.

where did you download the version that mostly works for you? (AC Tool 540)

MysticalFists

Post #33 »

Yeah, I also tried adding arbitrary commands to my script just to test it, but after waiting and watching ACTool simply stops (you can even see the stop button change back to start). Keys and Say paste might work still, didn't test that, but only because I'm writing my script to specifically not use any keyboard keys so I can continue to chat or leave it alt tabbed while it runs.

You can find the other versions at the ACTool site here:
http://actools.cu.cc/forums/index.php?/files/

The_WABBIT

Post #34 »

This is not a legit version of AC Tool. I am the current Developer of the Official AC Tool. And this release of AC Tool has just been brought to my attention.

A few years ago, I had asked Phinus to help my by doing the AC side of things to bring up to date. And to send to me the changes for the inclusion into the main AC Tool development. I had done this because I had not played AC. And that it would be best that a person who played the game should help out with the development of AC Tool. Specifically the AC Tool Companion, which does all the nifty things with AC.

But, despite my contacting him by email many times over the last 3 years for updated code to be sent to me. Or information as to what he is doing or has done. He has refused to send me any information/code on what he has done. He always states that he is almost done. But, has to test things out. And then he never contacts me again until I try to get a hold of him some time later.

This version of AC Tool is not and will not be an official release and needs to brought down. And Phinus must send to me all source code changes, plus all relevant information on what was changed, how and why it was changed, and all information on the use of the old/new commands (including the new help file he has) to AC Tool to me.

In my last email to Phinus, I had stated that the original developer who was still hosting the website and support forums. Had a life changing event and had to stop hosting the website and forums. As such I had to scramble to find a place to put it up. And I had done so. I had even given Phinus the url to the new location of the website. So, there is no reason Phinus had not contacted me about his work on AC Tool.

For those that wish to visit the AC Tool website and support forums. Then you may do so at the following url:

actools.cu.cc

The old url used by the original developer is set up to redirect you to the above if you still wish to use it. (Though I do not know for how long it will be available.) That url is:

actool.net

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #35 »

I'll go ahead and take this down [mention]The_Wabbit[/mention]. I'll try to get in contact with phin and ask him to send you stuff...

Edit:
I locked the thread, and removed the download.
Immortalbob of MT