AC Tool Final

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
Ipa

Post #21 »

WOW !!!
Can't believe you put so much work into this and then they killed the game.
My last post on the old ACTool forums was Dec 2011.

Reading through this brought back so many memories. Thanks !

Phinius

Post #22 »

yaroz wrote:Holy crap.. how long did it take you to do the documentation?
I had written the help as a supplemental text file for the update. For the posts on the forums, I created a BBCode template and after that ... copy/paste is your friend.

Phinius

Post #23 »

Ipa wrote:WOW !!!
Can't believe you put so much work into this and then they killed the game.
My last post on the old ACTool forums was Dec 2011.

Reading through this brought back so many memories. Thanks !
The "Red Stapler" makes an appearance one last time. Its good to see you again. I hope you like the end result, you also put a fair amount of blood, sweat, and tears into this project.

The next update would have contained multiclient support and would have had the ability for macros to create Decal views.

Trigger9008

Post #24 »

I salute you for the dedication! Damn bud...
~Trigger9008~

Lone

Post #25 »

This is great work. I was using ACTool until the day they shutdown the servers.

Since PhatAC is now up and running and has a LOT of functionality, I was attempting to get some of the macros I was running in January on the production servers working with some of my new chars on Magaducks PhatAC server. Unfortunately, I was having problems.

Does anyone know if there are issues with using ACTool on PhatAC? Has anyone else tried it?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #26 »

its possible that phat isn't passing all the same info along through decal just yet...dunno for sure...
Immortalbob of MT

Lone

Post #27 »

Thanks Bob,

I just started to play with it last night a little bit. I will work with it more and try to figure out what works and what does not as time permits. I will post updates as I figure stuff out.

It is kind of tough as the latest ACTool/Companion code base that I have does not match the currently released ACTool binaries. I don't have a Deplhi IDE or compiler but looking at the code really helps to figure stuff out. (Not to mention the help files in this thread which I just found today. They look great by the way, thanks Phinius)

Maybe now that emulators are coming online, ACTool will get a breath of new life.

Lone

Post #28 »

Does anyone know if the latest Decal Source code has been released? I poked around a little but could not find it. I have a very old version stuffed away but am certain it is not current.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #29 »

decal source has been closed for a long long time...
Immortalbob of MT

MysticalFists

Post #30 »

Howdy,
Also posted on what appears to be the older official AC Tool forum. Long time everybody! I just got back into AC with emulators and am looking to blow the dust off AC Tool, but I'm seeing two different development paths and wanted to know if I'm even using the right one.

AC Tool 540
AC Tool Companion 5.4.0.64
- Everything seems to work in AC, but no vendor information is given.
-- Ex: DirectChat Test: Hi _VendorSelected _VendorGUID _VendorCount
-- Returns: You say, "Test: Hi Nothing 0 0"
-- Note that other companion variables return correct information.

AC Tool 551
AC Tool Companion 5.5.5.64
- Returns error "Plugin Major, Minor, Release, Build"
- Returns error "Cause Error: '5.5.1' is not a valid integer value"
-- Note that no companion command/variable works. Doesn't even display that AC Tool is going to run in the chat area.

AC Tool 5405
By Phinius at http://www.immortalbob.com (not even sure this is legit)
AC Tool Companion 5.4.0.64
- Shows up when activating a macro in chat "<AcT> Macro STARTED via {F2} hotkey"
- Does absolutely nothing and logs no test data

All AC Tool installations are run as administrator. It's possible vendor information isn't even being passed by Decal. I realize 551 was not made with Asheron's Call or ACT Companion in mind so it may not work at all. As I'm familiar with ImmortalBob I'm assuming AC Tool 5405 is legit and likely the most up-to-date version of AC Tool designed with Asheron's Call in mind, but does anyone know why it's not actually doing anything then? Any help would be appreciated.