Map of Dereth util?

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
Rizgar

Map of Dereth util?

Post #1 »

I remember way back in Vanilla & DM, and at beginning of ToD, there was a utility which could extract & create a BMP or PNG huge map of Dereth, fro your DAT files.

I cannot find this anywhere, do any of you have this? or know where I can find it?
Morningthaw: Rizgar, Whizkid, Maxheadroom, Yeou Chu-Kheng, Tink the ACF

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

The original website that hosted this is long gone....but you are in luck! I saved it all these years :)

You'll need to download the most up to date cell dat that i have linked in the dungeon post in the emulator forum. Also, you'll need a image editor/viewer that can handle .raw files.
Attachments
map.zip
(87.7 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
Immortalbob of MT

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #3 »

OR...
Attachments
derethmap.png
derethmap.png (3.32 MiB) Viewed 6238 times
Immortalbob of MT

Rizgar

Post #4 »

Hmm .. I think that was it. But I remember when ToD came out, there was a program called cellconverter.exe or summat, then you used the old vanilla/DM program to make the Dereth map.

edit: I think it was CellCracker?

edit2: before my first edit, I used the files you posted, and it made a RAW file. I tried to view it with ACDSee Pro 8, but it didn't work .. but now there is a BMP image, created 2 mins after the RAW file. I am 99.99% sure I didn't see/notice this before.

edit3: NM .. i saved the derethmap.bmp you also posted :P
Last edited by Rizgar on February 9th, 2017, 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OptimShi

Post #5 »

CellConverter would convert the ToD client_cell_1.dat to the pre-ToD format cell.dat.

CellCracker would export a bitmap of the cell.dat format (pre-ToD).

You can get both in the Utilities section of the Google Drive link in here

Rizgar

Post #6 »

Thanks OptimShi