Gauntlet

Morningthaw community board
Toxotes

Gauntlet

Post #1 »

Has there been a real effort to try and look for a non exploit solution?

Dmdtt

Post #2 »

short answer yes, and its not possible

long answer, tons have tried ways of running gauntlet faster and faster with a 9 man group and it simply isn't possible in its current state. the farthest anyone has gotten was last spawn of room 12 but that was after 140 attempts and he burned close to 2k rare crystals and well over that in dispels and spectral rares in the attempt. also every char he had was 48+D and 30+CD. it simply is not possible to beat gauntlet without the exploit.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #3 »

what DM said. We gave it the best try we could with the most decked out characters on MT. Took us quite a few runs, and a whole lot of resources burned for us to get to stage 11...
Immortalbob of MT

Joeblow8579

Post #4 »

If I recall correctly, it has been beaten with as few as 16 people. Still not close to a regular fellowship of 9, but it gives you an idea of just how ridiculously high the health levels are in there. The fact that three of the monster types are basically immune to physical and war damage (shadows, burun, and tuskers) is the worst kind of half-assed, half-baked, half-finished design Turbine came up with in the last decade of AC.

Dmdtt

Post #5 »

Joeblow8579 wrote:If I recall correctly, it has been beaten with as few as 16 people. Still not close to a regular fellowship of 9, but it gives you an idea of just how ridiculously high the health levels are in there. The fact that three of the monster types are basically immune to physical and war damage (shadows, burun, and tuskers) is the worst kind of half-assed, half-baked, half-finished design Turbine came up with in the last decade of AC.
on MT out of the 13 or 14 runs we did before we got bored our best run was with only 14 people and we had around 8 minutes left. so it is possible with less if you get very lucky on spawns happening in a timely fashion and don't run into any bugs.

Toxotes

Post #6 »

Dmdtt wrote:...tons have tried ways of running gauntlet faster and faster with a 9 man group and it simply isn't possible in its current state... it simply is not possible to beat gauntlet without the exploit.
I think the key statement here is "in it's current state." Everything I have read online talks about streamlining the fighting process (e.g. selecting the right team, bringing in the correct rares, using the right weapons), but what I haven't read is anyone trying to manipulate the environment. During my search I found one article from an account that was created especially to reply to the topic of "Gauntlet is not broken" This could be a brilliant Troll OR could be legitimate; for the sake of this conversation I wanted to assume it's legitimate to ask the question. Has anyone ever tried to manipulate the Gauntlet environment and not an efficient way to kill spawns?

Like a majority of the returning players, I don't get invited to the top tier quests. This isn't a complaint, but more of a reality of not having years to develop relationships when the /tells go out. One of my objectives after finishing school and before I return back to the working world, is to complete every quest in the game. This means that when I want to run a quest I have never done, I have to blindly lead a team of brave individuals if it's bigger than a one man job. This is because most of the players have little/no interest in a quest that isn't part of the paragon / lumi grind. The good part is I truly play the game and has worked so far... until I decided to try the Gauntlet. I bought a ticket and went in solo to scope it out and died in about 1:50 secs. So I did the research to see how it can be beat...

The conclusion I have came to: Regardless of whether I go in with a group of 16+ or discover the developer's intended win condition with nine, I need more people to help look for the answer. I'm here seeking players to help look.

In all of my research, what I haven't seen is a documented empirical process to verify that any test has been performed and I would like to do that. I tried to select a credible website that: has eyeballs of real players that could document the tests as they try them, have connections that could spread the word for other recruits, and have strong enough players to even test. Let me know your thoughts.

Factors that I think are relevant:
  • When you enter the Gauntlet, their are Society NPCs surrounding the top of the room - I think that this could be relevant because it means that the society is present for the Gauntlet run and help could be given (e.g. Time extension, room spawn reduction, number of gauntlet rooms abbreviated).
  • When a Keep is taken, A Global Green Text goes out - Why? Certainly to notify to protect the Keep, but why Global and not Society specific?
Things that I would like to try (with other variations not listed)
  • Hold both keeps and have another society attack one then buy ticket
  • Hold both keeps and buy ticket and have another society attack it
  • Hold no Keep and have Society attack a keep and buy ticket
  • Hold no Keep and buy a ticket and have Society attack a keep
  • Try with
  • Try entering with vitae
  • Try entering as PK
  • Try entering with vitae from a PK death during a raid (killed by another faction)
  • Try entering with a PK death and an undissolved/looted body during a raid (killed by another faction)
  • Try killing a player in Gauntlet (Falatacot Blood magic)
  • Try a /die in gauntlet (I remember reading how RB given blood works better)

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #7 »

Nothing changes how it functions. sorry.
Immortalbob of MT

Toxotes

Post #8 »

Immortalbob wrote:Nothing changes how it functions. sorry.
Based on what supported evidence?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #9 »

Toxotes wrote:I think the key statement here is "in it's current state." Everything I have read online talks about streamlining the fighting process (e.g. selecting the right team, bringing in the correct rares, using the right weapons), but what I haven't read is anyone trying to manipulate the environment. During my search I found one article from an account that was created especially to reply to the topic of "Gauntlet is not broken" This could be a brilliant Troll OR could be legitimate; for the sake of this conversation I wanted to assume it's legitimate to ask the question. Has anyone ever tried to manipulate the Gauntlet environment and not an efficient way to kill spawns?
The op of that thread trolled for a good 2 months on the topic. Nothing he said was real. He still trolls to this day on a variety of topics.
Toxotes wrote:
  • When you enter the Gauntlet, their are Society NPCs surrounding the top of the room - I think that this could be relevant because it means that the society is present for the Gauntlet run and help could be given (e.g. Time extension, room spawn reduction, number of gauntlet rooms abbreviated).
You can't access them, so i don't know how you would interact with them in any way.
Toxotes wrote:
  • When a Keep is taken, A Global Green Text goes out - Why? Certainly to notify to protect the Keep, but why Global and not Society specific?
The keeps were added well before gauntlet, and the global message was there since the beginning. It's turbine's terrible attempt at pvp based land control. The message goes out so you know to defend, or attack.

Toxotes wrote:
  • Hold both keeps and have another society attack one then buy ticket
  • Hold both keeps and buy ticket and have another society attack it
A society cannot hold both keeps.
Toxotes wrote:
  • Hold no Keep and have Society attack a keep and buy ticket
  • Hold no Keep and buy a ticket and have Society attack a keep
  • Try entering with vitae
likely never attempted (purposely), but i do not think the gauntlet and keeps are connected in any way other than both being a society thing. Why not add in society tasks, or the society aug gem quest? because they arent connected. As for vitae...that would just slow you down, since the creatures do not give xp (i think).
Toxotes wrote:
  • Try entering as PK
DT couldnt beat it either...
Toxotes wrote:
  • Try entering with vitae from a PK death during a raid (killed by another faction)
  • Try entering with a PK death and an undissolved/looted body during a raid (killed by another faction)
  • Try killing a player in Gauntlet (Falatacot Blood magic)
  • Try a /die in gauntlet (I remember reading how RB given blood works better)
No. It is not a pk related quest, turbine has only added a small handful of quests (2 that i can think of) over the 15 year run of patches. Not counting pk live events of course. Specifically due to the fact that most white worlders don't want to go red.

While i appreciate your gung-ho attitude, I do not believe anything on this list will change the way gauntlet runs. Even the devs conceded that it wasn't beatable while they were still posting on the forums. If i can find that post, i will add it to this thread.
Immortalbob of MT

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #10 »

https://www.asheronscall.com/en/forums/ ... post718355

That right there is severlin conceding that it is unbalanced.

https://www.asheronscall.com/en/forums/ ... post718346

here it is again with some more info.

in the second post he's basically saying that they wanted players to reach stage 9...

I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, but we went through the hardships for months about this 2 years ago, sev confirmed our suspicions, and it is the way it is, unbalanced.
Immortalbob of MT