AC Account Manager (Thwarg Launcher)

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
bradacc

Post #41 »

HellsWrath wrote:create multiple userpreferences.ini, save in SEPARATE folders

add a different userpreferences.ini file path to each account
Why in different folders? Mine is set up like so:

Code: Select all

Name=****,Password=****,PreferencePath=C:\Users\Windows7\Documents\Asheron's Call\UserPreferences-1600.ini,FrostfellEnabled=True,Priority=1
Name=****,Password=****,PreferencePath=C:\Users\Windows7\Documents\Asheron's Call\UserPreferences-800.ini,FrostfellEnabled=True,Priority=2

And it seems to work fine.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #42 »

bradacc wrote: Why in different folders? Mine is set up like so:

Code: Select all

Name=****,Password=****,PreferencePath=C:\Users\Windows7\Documents\Asheron's Call\UserPreferences-1600.ini,FrostfellEnabled=True,Priority=1
Name=****,Password=****,PreferencePath=C:\Users\Windows7\Documents\Asheron's Call\UserPreferences-800.ini,FrostfellEnabled=True,Priority=2

And it seems to work fine.
Mine are set up like yours, but I've come across 2 pc's that required them in a separate folders. No idea why =p
When I come across issues like that I just make the instructions fit the least common denominator, so I don't have to come back a few days later and "fix" it again.

Lrd_Hawk

Post #43 »

I will work on this, i just may have to redo AC all the way. way to many folders and old junk installs kicking around. might make things easier.

Thank you for your help. One day soon AC will be one of the best oiled and fine-tuned machines out there :)

robbversion1

Post #44 »

I'm trying to modify the .ini files to specify which client will launch in which resolution. One of the client launches but right when the 2nd is going to launch getting error:

Exception launching game launcher: The process cannot access the file E:\Users\Bobby\Documents\Asheron's Call\UserPreferences.ini because it is being used by another process.

My accounts.txt looks like this
Name=***,Password=**,PreferencePath=E:\Users\Bobby\Documents\Asheron's Call\1600\UserPreferences.ini,VerdantineEnabled=True
Name=***,Password=***,PreferencePath=E:\Users\Bobby\Documents\Asheron's Call\UserPreferences.ini,VerdantineEnabled=True
Name=***,Password=***,PreferencePath=E:\Users\Bobby\Documents\Asheron's Call\UserPreferences.ini,VerdantineEnabled=True

Also noticed that a UserPreferences_base.ini file is being created.

Edit: I think we can disregard this. I think i just realized I didnt need to use preferencepath if clients were pointing back to the default .ini. Clients appear to be lauching correctly now

Name=***,Password=**,PreferencePath=E:\Users\Bobby\Documents\Asheron's Call\1600\UserPreferences.ini,VerdantineEnabled=True
Name=***,Password=***,VerdantineEnabled=True
Name=***,Password=***,VerdantineEnabled=True

Goobernut

Post #45 »

This was pretty funny !!!!

"By the way, I don’t think anyone reads this stuff anyways, do they? Can I have your first-born child? I can? Well, it’s ok, you can keep him/her. I have my own, and I don’t want to be stingy. Just have fun with this. It’s free, and it’s kind of hard to complain about free! Hopefully everything works as planned, and you won’t have anything to complain about anyways right? RIGHT?! Anyways, have fun playing AC, and maybe I’ll see you around!
On version two, I’m trying to keep you people on your toes! I spent a crap-ton of dev time on this with my good buddy and Platypus friend. Keep your first-borns and use this thing. Oh yeah, and have fun."

LOL .... :D :ugeek: :geek: :mrgreen:

Goobernut

Post #46 »

Anyone else having issues with the new version of Thwarg Launcher?? .. I assume no as cant find any thing on my problem. Basically after the update Thwarg continuously launches clients till memory and CPU tank .... I have 7 clients and after discovering the problem I uninstalled and then did a new install .... still does the same. I launched with 7 clients and went away to do some shopping and came back a few hours later with about 20 ish clients started .... all but 7 said disconnected for the obvious reason ...

Anyhoo ... I'm going to have to try and find the previous revision of the installer as this ain't working for me :-) :-)

Starcrusher

Post #47 »

I had to revert to the previous version. The latest kept throwing exceptions in the middle of the game. It didn't crash it, just froze the client updating until you clicked the error dialog.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #48 »

Starcrusher wrote:I had to revert to the previous version. The latest kept throwing exceptions in the middle of the game. It didn't crash it, just froze the client updating until you clicked the error dialog.
Several reports of this now.

Goobernut

Post #49 »

On the Thwarg discussion page there are multiple reports of my issue as well, basically all clients continuously loading .

https://thwarglauncher.codeplex.com/discussions

I went back to version 2.2.8.0 and everything works fine again ..

darksky602

Post #50 »

Hello, I was wondering about the UserPreferences.ini file. I placed one in my AC folder and got Thwarg launcher working, but I was wondering if I need more than one UserPreferences.ini file, as in one per account with different ports listed? I experience alot of lag when playing and portals loading slowly and I was wondering if this is due to all accounts using the same port?

Before reading this thread I was using the multi account method of separate folders and multiple launcher icons, but none of the folders had Userpreferences.ini files. I found a copy of the file and followed the directions to enable true properly, but for ports in my file it said =0. So I changed that to 9005, as I assume AC operates from 9000-9013 still? I read back through the thread and saw that I may need to use 4 folders inside the AC folder each with different userpreferences.ini files?

Just started AC a few months ago so I have little experience with any of this and am teaching myself as I go. I would also like to say thank you for this site, as it has answered a ton of questions for me. Any help is appreciated.