AC Account Manager (Thwarg Launcher)

Plugin/Utility Releases and Community Support. Do not release software without the author's consent.
Thwargle

AC Account Manager (Thwarg Launcher)

Post #1 »

EDIT: OFFICIALLY RELEASED

SEE: http://thwargle.com for the most current release.

Let's see how this first iteration goes; Be gentle!

FYI, got tired, beta2 will be out sometime tomorrow (10/7/2015), I guess technically today, since it's 3 AM..
Attachments
ACAccountManager_Beta.zip
(494.53 KiB) Downloaded 645 times
Last edited by Thwargle on October 10th, 2015, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thwargle

Post #2 »

Beta version 2. Let me know what you think. This one now has password management, so you make your accounts, and just pick them to log in! No more typing anything after you have it set up... Handy I think :)

Todo:
- flesh out a help page, including the instructions hellswrath wrote above to configure decal correctly.
- handle more error cases (once Hellswrath breaks it and tells me how he did so)
- multiple account login (pick several accounts and click log in once, time-delayed logging in of all selected accounts)
- consider adding basic security to hide passwords from plain-text
- give myself credit somewhere in the app
Attachments
ACAccountManager_Beta2.zip
(2.32 MiB) Downloaded 470 times

Thwargle

Post #3 »

Beta 3, fixed duplicate add users window and issue when adding blank passwords. More of the todo list being addressed shortly.
Attachments
ACAccountManager_beta3.zip
(5.13 MiB) Downloaded 476 times

Thwargle

Post #4 »

Beta 4? Reworked the UI so that the Listbox is now implemented, with multiple account select for auto log-ins when multiple accounts are selected. Help file included but needs work. Help file includes a link to the default location of the AC UserPreferences.ini file. Should help less proficient users find the file to edit quicker. Branded a little more.
Attachments
Thwarg-Launcher_Beta4.zip
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 453 times

Thwargle

Post #5 »

Beta 5 hitting the press! It now allows for multiple server selections and should log in each account to each server. I added a minimize button as well.

The selected servers are saved to the application data file when you close, so you can pick it once and it'll remember! Also, I added the launcher path to the application data as well, so if your AC launcher isn't in the default location, you only need to find it once, and it'll remember where you've pointed to.

***Uploaded 5.1, fixed a weird bug where help file wouldn't open when clicking the help buttong
Attachments
Thwargl-Launcher_Beta5.1.zip
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 480 times
Thwarg-Launcher_Beta5.zip
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 457 times

Thwargle

Post #6 »

Here's Beta 6!

Implemented 3 different backgrounds, for a little change of scenery. The background will be one of three random photos when the application launches. It now saves most if not all settings (I'm pretty sure it remembers everything, but sometimes I can't even remember so who knows?) The help page now has a little shout-out to me (Thwargle!). Couple bug fixes.
Attachments
ThwargLauncher_Beta6.zip
(4.49 MiB) Downloaded 449 times

Thwargle

Post #7 »

Officially released!!

See: http://thwarglauncher.codeplex.com

Starcrusher

Post #8 »

Does it know when a client crashes so it can relog that account or prompt you to?

On a separate note.....is running from one client copy more or less stable than running a copy for each account? Anyone have any experience or insight on that?

Thwargle

Post #9 »

Question one, short answer no. I didn't implement any logic to track the process in any way once it's launched. It literally launches the process for you and moves on. If this is a necessary feature, I can most certainly look into adding this.

Second, one client seems like it uses less Disk IO. Seems like that'd be a plus especially for those of us who have SSD and want to keep them for as long as we can. I haven't performed extensive testing or anything, but it's definitely more convenient to use also.. You don't have to keep copying AC folders all over the place.

Note: I just uploaded a new version of the installer to the codeplex link. See the first post for a URL.

Or, here :) http://thwarglauncher.codeplex.com

Starcrusher

Post #10 »

My first SSD from 2008 is still working.