GM: AdvColoMeta

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
doog

Post #81 »

I'm noticing some new behavior in "V6":
    • The group is not standing in one place now! they seem to be spreading out in the rooms
      Now that they are spreading out, mobs are both more and less accessible;
    • I am seeing in rooms that "mob range" is set to five on characters - and after modifying it manually, noticed it was reset in the next room In some cases (e.g. the neon colored mages), the opponents stay in place casting spells. With the shorter range, the team was sitting there, getting shot at.
I did go through last night and get a taper fit for "role" onto half my group to see if that will change the behavior. I skimmed the V6 meta looking for the range-setting commands, they may be chat commands in embedded routes, I couldn't find them? I think those are going to be difficult to modify?

Is there a way already encoded that will help me set ranges on mages and archers to more than 5? that would fix my issues! perhaps this is why the docs say, "It is highly recommended to use the provided character profile."? I am not using it and can comply! :<)

Dmdtt

Post #82 »

doog wrote:I'm noticing some new behavior in "V6":
    • The group is not standing in one place now! they seem to be spreading out in the rooms
      Now that they are spreading out, mobs are both more and less accessible;
    • I am seeing in rooms that "mob range" is set to five on characters - and after modifying it manually, noticed it was reset in the next room In some cases (e.g. the neon colored mages), the opponents stay in place casting spells. With the shorter range, the team was sitting there, getting shot at.
I did go through last night and get a taper fit for "role" onto half my group to see if that will change the behavior. I skimmed the V6 meta looking for the range-setting commands, they may be chat commands in embedded routes, I couldn't find them? I think those are going to be difficult to modify?

Is there a way already encoded that will help me set ranges on mages and archers to more than 5? that would fix my issues! perhaps this is why the docs say, "It is highly recommended to use the provided character profile."? I am not using it and can comply! :<)
that's rather odd, there isn't a single line in the colo meta that changes the monster range. the only setting that is modified is attack speed and that is adjusted at every spawn. and if you ever are evaded it adds 10% to your attackbar. at no time does the meta alter attackdistance I even opened it in notepad and did a search of attackdistance and nada. it does however raise approach distance to 90.

also no changes were made to how the meta routes through rooms in any versions of the colo meta. generally only two ways you characters spread out, A changes were made to meta and the follownavclosestop range is not being changed each room before approaching bell, or B you attack distance is set low and the meta alters your approach distance which it does and you run at mobs instead of sitting near bell and attacking from afar.

you don't have to use the provided character profile. it has all the rules you need to setup preEquip which is not necessary.

zen1605

Post #83 »

hey dmdtt,

thanks for the updates. loving the meta as usual.

I know you said not to worry about the stopwatch errors, but do you know what causes them? Just curious for my own edification from a technical perspective.

Thanks

Dmdtt

Post #84 »

zen1605 wrote:hey dmdtt,

thanks for the updates. loving the meta as usual.

I know you said not to worry about the stopwatch errors, but do you know what causes them? Just curious for my own edification from a technical perspective.

Thanks
from my understanding it is because vtank tries to evaluate a condition with a variable that does not exist. the stopwatches that throw the errors only exist for the leader of the group. the rest of the fellow won't have them running, and so they get an error the first time the meta runs across the conditions involving those stopwatches. the leader on the other hand will not get those errors.

Tacit_MT

Post #85 »

Not sure how you have your meta setup DM, but in metas I was making that had stopwatches, I let everyone run the stopwatch regardless of if they were leader or not, but only the leader would act on it (fellowship callouts, etc). Another thing you might be able to do is create all the stopwatches in the default state, and just don't start them. Then whenever an elapsedseconds call is made they'll not return an error since the stopwatch does exist for the non-leaders, even it hasn't been started.

Dmdtt

Post #86 »

Tacit_MT wrote:Not sure how you have your meta setup DM, but in metas I was making that had stopwatches, I let everyone run the stopwatch regardless of if they were leader or not, but only the leader would act on it (fellowship callouts, etc). Another thing you might be able to do is create all the stopwatches in the default state, and just don't start them. Then whenever an elapsedseconds call is made they'll not return an error since the stopwatch does exist for the non-leaders, even it hasn't been started.
ehh the errors you see in this meta don't hurt anything and you will only see them 1 time per run of the meta. so I am fine to just leave it as is. if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Kaitro

Post #87 »

Updated to remove UB spam from stopwatches.
Attachments
AutoColoFinalV7.met
(160.61 KiB) Downloaded 192 times