GM: MultiBot Trader meta

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
Loyola

GM: MultiBot Trader meta

Post #1 »

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have been working on this and I think it is ready for public vetting/use. This is a meta that manages logging in multiple trader bots on the same account. It uses mule trade it to actually sell the items. You will need to set the command "/vt start" to the mag-tools character tools "login complete". You will also have to run mag-filter in order for the meta to log in other characters (please note that if your character name is longer then 13 characters it will not work).

I was worried at first that a system like this would be open to being griefed with people trying to log in different trader bots as someone was browsing. But with a little regex help from Dm, I think that has been prevented. If a bot is in an active trade, it will politely tell anyone trying to log in a different bot that they will have to wait and try again. You will need to make the first greeting message your bot says as "Welcome!" and the first good-bye message your bot says "Thank you!" for this to work (or edit the meta to whatever you want your bot to say).

I have made the meta generic and you will need to do a lot of editing to set up your own commands to log in each trader. As well as set the names of your bots to have them log in.

While Mule Trade It has an advertisement feature, it will not advertise to a specific channel. For this purpose there are 2 advertising states (advert and advert2) that will fire off every 1.5 hours. I put this in here to advertise to my allegiance since all my bots were selling to them for free.

You will want to the greeting/good-bye/advertisements that the command to list each bot available and the command to log them in is !botlist.

This meta is ready for 6 tradebots without having to add or remove states. If you want more, just learn what I did and repeat with adding the required states.

If you have any questions you can reply here or message Loyola on vi2.
Attachments
MultiTradeBot.met
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 430 times

Sif al Taak

Post #2 »

Great idea. Thanks for your work...

Sif al Taak [MT]
Last edited by Sif al Taak on August 28th, 2014, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

yaroz

Post #3 »

OMG... now I'm gonna have to set up my bots to get rid of all of my junk.. That'll take days. :(

Great idea.. I was actually wondering if something like this could be done with metas.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Love it! Anything to boost the tradebot population is a plus!

I've partially built a multi-char portal bot, like tings but all in meta. Lots of interesting things you can do, just not as user friendly of an interface as a plugin would be lol.

Loyola

Post #5 »

Yeah tell me about Hells. I thought about somehow using tings or dibb bot but figured since i could do it all in a meta,it would be easier since it would mean less plugins for other people to run. But the amount of customization you have to do to this generalized meta is a lot.

Saloben

Post #6 »

I set this up last night and it's working great. It takes a little bit of time to setup, but you only have to do it once. One question though. Is there a way to make it default back to one charater and have it log in after a certain amount of time or some other trigger? Maybe after the bot spam goes off so many times?

Loyola

Post #7 »

Sure there is. First thing you will have to do is make the default trader have some kind of unique item (like a green taper or something).

Then you simply need to add a new rule to the state you want to act on.

Condition would be Item in Inventory <=0 <Green Taper> (if you are doing this in the main state "otherbots" you would want to add a seconds in states condition as well). and the action would be /mf lnc set <default bot> set meta state logoff.

Saloben

Post #8 »

Very nice! Thank you