IBControl Unlimited

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
pappy

IBControl Unlimited

Post #1 »

IBControl Unlimited is an update to the original IBControl that allows you to control an unlimited number of characters. There are many other improvements that you may enjoy even if you don't intend to control more than 9 characters.

Unlimited Characters
You are no longer limited to just 9 characters and can control an unlimited number of characters. You can use it to control all of your characters or just some of them.

Server Lists
You can specify a different list of characters for each server that you play on.

Flexible Leadership
In the original IBControl the first character on your list was considered the leader. The leader was the only character that could be followed, receive notifications and issue certain commands. In IBControl Unlimited every character on your list can act as the leader.

Global Notifications
Notifications such as being low on tapers or scarabs are sent to all of your characters.

Following
Whichever character issues the follow command will be followed by all of your other characters.

Fellowship
Whichever character issues the fellowship command will create a fellowship and recruit the first 8 characters on your list that are online and nearby. The next character that issues the fellowship command will create a second fellowship and recruit the next 8 characters on your list, and so on. The disband command will disband all of the fellowships in which one of your characters is the fellowship leader.

IBControl Unlimited doesn't require that you form a fellowship. If you were to issue a command in /f only the characters in that particular fellowship will see the command and follow it. To control 10 or more characters simultaneously you will need to issue the command in /s where every character can see it.

Corpse Permissions
Permission to loot your character's corpses will be granted to all of your other characters.

Summoning Portals
It is now possible to summon an unlimited number of portals. To support this update the commands to summon primary and secondary portals have changed.
#action sum1a
#action sum1b
... all the way down to #action sum9999a and beyond!

Easy Configuration
Visit unlimited.immortalbob.com to type in your character names and download a fully configured copy of IBControl Unlimited. The website will remember your character names so you will be able to download updates without having to type them all in again.

Download
 ! Message from: pappy
Go to unlimited.immortalbob.com to type in your character names and download a fully configured copy of IBControl Unlimited.
IBControl Unlimited 1.9.9b.5.zip
(128.01 KiB) Downloaded 1008 times
IBControl Unlimited 1.9.9b.4.zip
(128.63 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
IBControl Unlimited 1.9.9b.3.zip
(126.06 KiB) Downloaded 685 times
IBControl Unlimited 1.9.9b.2.zip
(127.35 KiB) Downloaded 855 times
IBControl Unlimited 1.9.9b.1.zip
(125.62 KiB) Downloaded 742 times

IBControl Unlimited requires UtilityBelt in addition to all of the original requirements. The procedure to setup IBControl Unlimited follows the original instructions with the exceptions that step 3 can be repeated for each server that you play on and step 4 no longer exists.
Last edited by pappy on December 15th, 2021, 5:33 pm, edited 8 times in total.

pappy

Post #2 »

Version History

1.9.9b.5
- Solved an issue with GDLE servers (such as Reefcull) that could cause some characters to fail to be recruited during fellowship creation. Enters combat stance during fellowship creation to bypass the fellowship recruitment animation.

1.9.9b.4
- There is now a website to configure the meta. It is no longer necessary to configure your character names directly in vtank. The website will store your character names so that you can download updates without having to type them in again.
- The mini remote has been configured to use /s instead of /f.
- Following more closely resembles the original IBControl. The followers will automatically enable navigation priority boost. The character being followed will set a blank navigation route and disable navigation priority boost.
- Loads a blank navigation route when the meta is loaded.
- Fixed a bug with Hoshino kill tasks where having follow/nav range set too high could cause a character to become stuck.

1.9.9b.3
- Greatly improved the creation of fellowships. It is now much faster. It will attempt to create the fellowship again if the first attempt fails. It will recruit the next character on the list immediately after inviting the previous character. It won't attempt to recruit characters that aren't nearby. The character sending out the invites won't attempt to invite himself. The character sending out the invites will stop if the fellowship is full, if they aren't the leader or if the fellowship is closed.

1.9.9b.2
- Fixes the "Reload Meta (Single Client)" and "Reload Meta (All Clients)" buttons in Chaos Helper. If you are updating you only need to replace the Unlimited_IBControl_config.txt file. The only change to Unlimited_IBControl.met was to update the version number.

1.9.9b.1
- Initial release.
Last edited by pappy on December 23rd, 2021, 2:26 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #3 »

finally someone looked at my insanity, and said "I could do something with this"

:lol:
Immortalbob of MT

AutumnsDawn

Post #4 »

Well done Pappy!! :D

Vespers

Post #5 »

Well done job on upgrading!! Tested it and it works perfectly! Now it doesnt matter which toon Im on and when I issue follow it follows that toon! Awesome!.
FYI I had to edit it the Unlimited_IBControl_config so when it reloads meta it would direct it to Unlimited_IBControl_config instead of IBControl. LOL

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #6 »

Vespers wrote: April 19th, 2021, 10:25 pm Well done job on upgrading!! Tested it and it works perfectly! Now it doesnt matter which toon Im on and when I issue follow it follows that toon! Awesome!.
FYI I had to edit it the Unlimited_IBControl_config so when it reloads meta it would direct it to Unlimited_IBControl_config instead of IBControl. LOL
@pappy you got your first bugfix to do! (and probably some of my bugs to fix too)
Immortalbob of MT

Vespers

Post #7 »

Something has happened that I cant figure out why it doesnt work.
Ran AutocoloFinalV7 last night and when I went to change back to Unlimited it will not create my fellow with #action fellow.
It closes my Pack window and chat posts this:

Code: Select all

[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprAct setvar[name,getvar[capturegroup_name]], Set Meta State: Action}
[VTank] Meta transitioning to state: Action
[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprAct setvar[counter,0], ExprChat \/mt fellow create +getvar[fellowname], Set Meta State: Fellow}
[VTank] Meta transitioning to state: Fellow
[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprChat \/mt fellow recruit +listgetitem[getvar[charlist],getvar[counter]], ExprAct setvar[counter,getvar[counter]+1], Set Meta State: Fellow}
[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprChat \/mt fellow recruit +listgetitem[getvar[charlist],getvar[counter]], ExprAct setvar[counter,getvar[counter]+1], Set Meta State: Fellow}
You say, "#action fellow"
[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprAct clearvar[capturegroup_actiontext], Set Meta State: Default2}
[VTank] Meta transitioning to state: Default2
But it doesn't create fellow and add everyone to it now. Tried it on all other IBcontrol met and even they are NOT creating fellow any more. Is something wrong with VT??
If I create a fellow then submit #action fellow it will add the others. Just will not create.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #8 »

Vespers wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 3:03 pm Something has happened that I cant figure out why it doesnt work.
Ran AutocoloFinalV7 last night and when I went to change back to Unlimited it will not create my fellow with #action fellow.

SNIP!
But it doesn't create fellow and add everyone to it now. Tried it on all other IBcontrol met and even they are NOT creating fellow any more. Is something wrong with VT??
If I create a fellow then submit #action fellow it will add the others. Just will not create.

Could it be that there is a shared variable? try /vt mexec clearallvars[] between the meta switch.

OR

could it be a list issue with UtilityBelt?

IDK! for once, not my meta! (sorta)
Immortalbob of MT

pappy

Post #9 »

Vespers wrote: April 19th, 2021, 10:25 pm Well done job on upgrading!! Tested it and it works perfectly! Now it doesnt matter which toon Im on and when I issue follow it follows that toon! Awesome!.
Thank you for reporting this. It has been fixed in version 1.9.9b.2.

Vespers wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 3:03 pm Something has happened that I cant figure out why it doesnt work.

[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprAct setvar[name,getvar[capturegroup_name]], Set Meta State: Action}
[VTank] Meta transitioning to state: Action
[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprAct setvar[counter,0], ExprChat \/mt fellow create +getvar[fellowname], Set Meta State: Fellow}
You say, "#action fellow"
[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprAct clearvar[capturegroup_actiontext], Set Meta State: Default2}
[VTank] Meta transitioning to state: Default2
I don't believe that this issue is related to IBControl Unlimited and is purely a coincidence. However, I did attempt to reproduce the issue. I enabled AutocoloFinalV7.met and then switched back to Unlimited_IBControl.met and issued the #action fellow command and it worked correctly. The command to create the fellow is present in the chat log that you provided. If you are able to consistently reproduce this issue please provide the exact steps to do so. Also, if this issue occurs again please try the following command to see if it creates a fellow: /mt fellow create test

Immortalbob wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 7:31 pmCould it be that there is a shared variable? try /vt mexec clearallvars[] between the meta switch.
It uses the same variable (fellowname) as the original IBControl.

Dpartd

Post #10 »

You've done an amazing job upgrading and adding onto what was an already brilliant IB Meta from Bob. Thanks and well done. I use it all the time without issue.