IBControl Unlimited

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
SomeRandomGuy12

Post #11 »

pappy wrote: April 17th, 2021, 11:18 am
Unlimited Characters
You are no longer limited to just 9 characters and can control an unlimited number of characters. You can use it to control all of your characters or just some of them.
First off, well done! :-)

I've been trying to figure out how it does this by looking at the meta, but couldn't figure it out. How does it manage more than 9, message relaying to multiple fellowships, overmax fellowship?

pappy

Post #12 »

SomeRandomGuy12 wrote: June 5th, 2021, 2:04 am
pappy wrote: April 17th, 2021, 11:18 am
Unlimited Characters
You are no longer limited to just 9 characters and can control an unlimited number of characters. You can use it to control all of your characters or just some of them.
First off, well done! :-)

I've been trying to figure out how it does this by looking at the meta, but couldn't figure it out. How does it manage more than 9, message relaying to multiple fellowships, overmax fellowship?
IBControl Unlimited takes advantage of new functionality that was recently introduced by UtilityBelt. This new functionality didn't exist when the original IBControl was created. The original IBControl had 9 different strings that each stored one character's name. UtilityBelt introduced the ability to create a list which can store an unlimited number of character names. The main goal of IBControl Unlimited was to update the original meta to make use of this list. UtilityBelt also introduced the ability to broadcast commands to all of your characters.

The game will still only allow 9 characters per fellowship. If you have 10 or more characters you could create multiple fellowships. Whichever character issues the #action fellow command will create a fellowship and recruit the first 8 characters on your list that are online and nearby. The next character that issues the #action fellow command will create a second fellowship and recruit the next 8 characters on your list, and so on.

IBControl Unlimited doesn't require that you form a fellowship. If you were to issue a command in /f only the characters in that particular fellowship will see the command and follow it. To control 10 or more characters simultaneously you will need to issue the command in /s where every character can see it.

SomeRandomGuy12

Post #13 »

That explains why I couldn't find it, it wasn't there in the first place lol.

Thanks for the elaboration

Rat Slayer

Post #14 »

Vespers wrote: April 22nd, 2021, 3:03 pm Something has happened that I cant figure out why it doesnt work.
Ran AutocoloFinalV7 last night and when I went to change back to Unlimited it will not create my fellow with #action fellow.
It closes my Pack window and chat posts this:

Code: Select all

[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprAct setvar[name,getvar[capturegroup_name]], Set Meta State: Action}
[VTank] Meta transitioning to state: Action
[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprAct setvar[counter,0], ExprChat \/mt fellow create +getvar[fellowname], Set Meta State: Fellow}
[VTank] Meta transitioning to state: Fellow
[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprChat \/mt fellow recruit +listgetitem[getvar[charlist],getvar[counter]], ExprAct setvar[counter,getvar[counter]+1], Set Meta State: Fellow}
[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprChat \/mt fellow recruit +listgetitem[getvar[charlist],getvar[counter]], ExprAct setvar[counter,getvar[counter]+1], Set Meta State: Fellow}
You say, "#action fellow"
[VTank] Meta executing action: All: {ExprAct clearvar[capturegroup_actiontext], Set Meta State: Default2}
[VTank] Meta transitioning to state: Default2
But it doesn't create fellow and add everyone to it now. Tried it on all other IBcontrol met and even they are NOT creating fellow any more. Is something wrong with VT??
If I create a fellow then submit #action fellow it will add the others. Just will not create.
I'm not sure if this has been fixed but I have a work around to create a fellow and recruit all of my characters. For me the problem seemed to be that AC was not clearing out the fellowship name once you disbanded the fellowship. So I used a period in the meta for the fellowship name. And for some reason or other I appear to get a null fellowship name ... shrug, but it creates a fellowship. Then the problem was that all the tunes would not be recruited and that seemed to be that the meta was executing too fast to recruit them all so I left a blank line in the code. Below is what works for me:

IF: Always
DO: DoAll
DoExpr {setvar[fellowname, .]}
DoExpr {setvar[createfellow, true]}

IF: Expr {getworldname[]==Reefcull}
DO: DoAll
DoExpr {setvar[charlist,listcreate[]]}
DoExpr {listadd[getvar[charlist], Sundown]}
DoExpr {listadd[getvar[charlist], CHANGEME]}
DoExpr {listadd[getvar[charlist], Fish Tinks]}
DoExpr {listadd[getvar[charlist], Sidsun]}
DoExpr {listadd[getvar[charlist], Tulips Sally]}
DoExpr {listadd[getvar[charlist], Dr Lifegiver]}
DoExpr {listadd[getvar[charlist], Sundance]}
DoExpr {listadd[getvar[charlist], Sissy Girl]}
DoExpr {listadd[getvar[charlist], Hop Sing]}
DoExpr {listadd[getvar[charlist], Cloud Storage I]}

I didn't say it was pretty, and it's slow but it works. Quit alright for a Lazy Gus.

pappy

Post #15 »

Version 1.9.9b.3 has been released. It should resolve the issue where a fellowship will sometimes fail to be created. The creation of fellowships also occurs much faster now.

cc: @Vespers @Rat Slayer

pappy

Post #16 »

You can now go to unlimited.immortalbob.com to type in your character names and download a fully configured copy of IBControl Unlimited. The website will remember your character names so you will be able to download updates without having to type them all in again.

Dpartd

Post #17 »

The new .4 version is simply amazing. It works very well on the GDLE servers. Your included webtool also has helped a number of my fellow allegiance members get setup and running their armies. Well done again, thank you for sharing your work with the AC community!

pappy

Post #18 »

Version 1.9.9b.5 has been released. This version solves an issue with GDLE servers (such as Reefcull) that could cause some characters to fail to be recruited during fellowship creation. The fellowship leader will enter combat stance during fellowship creation to bypass the fellowship recruitment animation. This issue wasn't occurring on ACE servers (such as Coldeve) but it is still nice to be able to recruit your characters to the fellowship without having to perform the *bow* animation 9 times.

Dpartd

Post #19 »

I can confirm the .5 version fixes the fellowship combat stance issue on Reefcull. I always worked around it myself by going into combat stance...thanks for the update!

Wazoot

Post #20 »

Great work Pappy simplifying a much used meta. The meta works great. The only issue I am having is I had IBControl always give commands in Fellowship by editing this line

/ch setchatcommand /f

I have done the same for IBControl Unlmited but it still gives commands in whatever channel I am currently using. Is there another line I am missing I can edit to do this?