Bob!RynthidZerzelikyrAyanAerlintheNeftetgearknightsdarkisleSanctuary

GM: "BuffCaster" - A Meta Buffbot (Ver 1.1)

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
Immortalbob
Site Admin

GM: "BuffCaster" - A Meta Buffbot (Ver 1.1)

Post#1 » October 13th, 2018, 2:45 pm

I dunno, it's pretty good. Not a direct replacement for Castaway, but it does most things.

Chat Commands:

Code: Select all

Buff Commands: war, void, missile, heavy, light, finesse, two, trade, tink, xp, buffs, strength, lore, prots, baneshield, brill, weapon, wand.
Bot Commands: primary, secondary, stats, whereto, loc, cancel, reset
--reset command is disabled by default in the *** Edit Here *** state.

Options:
Listed from top to bottom of *** Edit Here *** state:
1. Primary and secondary headings for summoning portals. 0 = North, 90 = East, 180 = South, 270 = West and everything in between
2. Seconds Till Next Spam. The amount of seconds between spamming local chat. 1800 is 30 minutes, 300 per 5 minutes.
3. Seconds Till Next Buff. The amount of seconds until the bot wants to buff itself. 3300 is 55 minutes. 300 per 5 minutes.
4. Seconds Till Next Beg. The amount of seconds until it begs for comps in local chat when below spell component thresholds (<250 tapers, <5 platinum scarabs, or <5 mana scarabs.)
5. Face Heading. Set to the heading you wish your bot to face normally. 0 = North, 90 = East, 180 = South, 270 = West and everything in between
6. Max Distance. the maximum distance a player can be from you and still receive buffs. (in meters)
7. Min Stamina, and Min Mana. The minimum of each vital before the bot attempts to regain said vital.
8. Primary/Secondary tie names.
9. Location name.
10. Brilliance Bot. Set to never on the left side to disable casting brilliance.
11. Refill Focusing Stone. Set to never if you don't wish to refill the focusing stone upon each brill.
12. Refill Charge. Name of the Mana Charge you wish to use to refill the Focusing Stone.
13. Master Mage Gem Name. Set to the name of the gem you wish to open. (Stock setting is Celdiseth's Portal Gem)
14. Master Mage Gem usage. Set to always or never to enable/disable.
15. Self Eights. Buffs self with 8's if set to always.
16. Bane Eights. Casts level 8 banes on shields if set to always.
17. Item Eights. Use level 8 item spells to buff players if set to always. (Not currently functional on Reefcull)
18. Allow Reset. Allows the use of the reset command. This is disabled by default because it is abusable.
19. Set State Main Loop, don't touch this line.

Notes:
1. does not respond to @tells while it is already in the chat handler, cycling the queue, or clearing variables after a completed buff cycle. All of these go by very fast, inevitably some @tells will be lost to them.
2. does not respond to @tells while casting brilliance, regaining vitals, or checking target distance, or spell components availability. Most of these go by very fast, inevitably some @tells will be lost to them.
3. double casts a buff when receiving @tells with a string length of less than 11 characters, or regaining vitals.
4. only gives thanks for gifts from the main loop. (while awaiting a command)
5. will cast brill, open master mage gems, and/or summon portals in the middle of buffing someone else and then return to buffing to save time.
6. queue's up to 1 player being buffed, and 5 in line.
7. supports level 7, and 8 spells.

Requirements:
1. Vtank
2. Magtools https://github.com/Mag-nus/Mag-Plugins/releases

Current Version:
BuffCaster.met
v1.1
(111.34 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

Previous Versions:
BuffCaster.met
v1.0
(106.27 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
0 x
Immortalbob of MT

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Re: GM: "BuffCaster" - A Meta Buffbot (Ver 1.0)

Post#2 » October 13th, 2018, 2:48 pm

Changelog:

Version 1.1
-now @tells portal requester the name of the location requested (Egg Orchard, Town Network, etc) along with the trigger word (primary/secondary).
-now disables the brilliance bot if there is no focusing stone in your inventory, regardless of brillbot setting.
-now casts loyalty and leadership self buffs
-master mage gem usage, will open a portal to the master mage (gem selected by bot owner in the edit here state)
-60 second timer between mm gem uses to prevent trolls from burning your gems too fast...but they still can...slowly
-disables master mage gem usage if no gems in inventory

Version 1.0:
-Initial Release
-Responds to various buff related commands (listed in post above)
-Buffs self, and manages it's own vitals
-Queue's up to 5 players
-Casts brilliance
-Summons portals
-Randomized local chat spam
-more
0 x
Immortalbob of MT

Dmdtt

Post#3 » October 13th, 2018, 6:46 pm

awesome job bob, now edit your control meta to integrate a call for this to buff alts in a multi bot setup :)
0 x

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post#4 » October 13th, 2018, 7:24 pm

Dmdtt wrote:awesome job bob, now edit your control meta to integrate a call for this to buff alts in a multi bot setup :)

theres someone doing that via skunkworks on reefcull right now, 30 seconds full buff
0 x
Immortalbob of MT

Hozz

Post#5 » October 16th, 2018, 9:58 pm

Is there somewhere for dummies to make buffcaster work? :D
0 x

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post#6 » October 16th, 2018, 11:22 pm

just put the meta file inside your vtank directory, and load it into the meta profiles drop down, enable meta, and start vtank?
0 x
Immortalbob of MT

CasterofApokalypse

Post#7 » October 20th, 2018, 12:12 am

Whereto doesn't seem to be working (tried whereto, Whereto, Where to, where to, in /say and /tell; none worked). Also when casting portals, it won't say the name I put in for the location.
0 x

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post#8 » October 20th, 2018, 12:48 am

CasterofApokalypse wrote:Whereto doesn't seem to be working (tried whereto, Whereto, Where to, where to, in /say and /tell; none worked). Also when casting portals, it won't say the name I put in for the location.

be sure you edited the portal names in correctly, dont forget the bracket on the end.

Code: Select all

setvar[Primary Tie, NameHere]
setvar[Secondary Tie, namehere]

as for not saying the name, what do you mean?
0 x
Immortalbob of MT

CasterofApokalypse

Post#9 » October 23rd, 2018, 4:20 pm

Yep I made certain of those things. As for saying name, I'm talking about when you summon the portal in response to "primary" or "secondary" it just says primary and secondary, rather than the names I put in. Like it says "Now summoning portal to Primary". Not sure why it won't respond to "whereto" at all. I've made certain that I only replaced the words in the meta. Spaces and brackets are all still exactly how I found them.
0 x

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post#10 » October 23rd, 2018, 4:52 pm

it doesnt say which it's opening, i can add that in the next version. as for why its not responding, I really dont know...it worked for me, and i made no changes when i uploaded it...
0 x
Immortalbob of MT

Return to “VT: Meta Releases”