GM: ColoMeta

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #11 »

MrGoyle wrote:Couple of quick questions. Im new to most of this but not to AC. Was on for years, left for about 9, now back again. A few of you Im sure Ive ran with a couple of times.

1st) Tapers: Where do you place them in order to apply the direction?

2nd) I am having the issue where my toon is wanting to buff right at the start (at the door). If I let him go, he pretty much sits out the first two rooms. Which is no big deal because they are small. But if I cancel the buff, he runs in fine at first, then tries to buff again on the 2nd room.

Given direction I think I can edit DM's file, but not sure what I need to be able to open it. Or where to look for that matter.

Thanks for any help.
MrGoyle (In game name = Deric)
Hey MrGoyle, welcome to the forums. The taper you want would go inside your pack anywhere, however if your guys are lower level and are just tagging along on other people's colo runs you shouldn't need to worry about tapers.

As for buffing, it is supposed to buff after the !door command is given prior to turning in the ticket, since buffing inside the colosseum just wastes time. You should try to plan ahead to be buffed before the ticket to being is turned in. However, if you're just tagging along...it doesn't matter if the main group goes in before you.

Editing metas can only really be done in game via the vtank plugin in the "meta" tab. But it really is not for beginners, you'll have to mentally deconstruct dmdtt's colo meta to figure out what section to edit.
Immortalbob of MT

Dmdtt

Post #12 »

MrGoyle wrote:Couple of quick questions. Im new to most of this but not to AC. Was on for years, left for about 9, now back again. A few of you Im sure Ive ran with a couple of times.

1st) Tapers: Where do you place them in order to apply the direction?

2nd) I am having the issue where my toon is wanting to buff right at the start (at the door). If I let him go, he pretty much sits out the first two rooms. Which is no big deal because they are small. But if I cancel the buff, he runs in fine at first, then tries to buff again on the 2nd room.

Given direction I think I can edit DM's file, but not sure what I need to be able to open it. Or where to look for that matter.

Thanks for any help.

most groups will give you plenty of time to buff prior to the run starting, however when running with me this meta is designed to buff you in the first room, allow for it to finish the entire buff cycle. once it is finished it will catch up to the group and continue to function just fine.

for the tapers make sure you also have magtools downloaded and enabled in decal.

MrGoyle

Post #13 »

Thank you both for the replies. "Deric" is 271 and runs with the group so I will watch next time and see which taper I should use on him to help maximize coverage. I will also see how he does on buffing in the first room. Thanks again for the replies. So many of these forums are dead and no one offers any help.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #14 »

Not sure what forums you're talking about, these are the only ones for Vtank end-user support =p
Aside from decal, which is for tech support, I don't know of any other forums for meta.
I wouldn't trust them regardless, lol.