Beta: Gauntlet Meta

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
bradacc

Post #41 »

Joeblow8579 wrote:Why not just use DITs? It saves time and it isn't like they're hard to acquire.

With colo rings, you'd have to recall to colo, hand in the ring, then portal recall and run back to the gauntlet. That's after adjusting the meta to support that. Why bother?
I thought the amount of work was the same, i.e. recall to ls/colo, turn in dit's/rings, portal recall and run back to gauntlet. I haven't been to dark isle yet so I figured turn-in's work the same as colo rings, with one at a time and confirmation click.

Dmdtt

Post #42 »

bradacc wrote:
Joeblow8579 wrote:Why not just use DITs? It saves time and it isn't like they're hard to acquire.

With colo rings, you'd have to recall to colo, hand in the ring, then portal recall and run back to the gauntlet. That's after adjusting the meta to support that. Why bother?
I thought the amount of work was the same, i.e. recall to ls/colo, turn in dit's/rings, portal recall and run back to gauntlet. I haven't been to dark isle yet so I figured turn-in's work the same as colo rings, with one at a time and confirmation click.
except you can lifestone at DI saving you the extra recall. and DITs stack unlike colo rings.

bradacc

Post #43 »

Dmdtt wrote:except you can lifestone at DI saving you the extra recall. and DITs stack unlike colo rings.
/e facepalm. Because you're already there from the death! Now it makes sense.

Amun

Post #44 »

I noticed that a lot of people are just using void/missile. Are these two the end all be all? Is it possible to make war magic work or is it simply not worth the time wands etc?

Joeblow8579

Post #45 »

There's nothing that says a war mage can't be effective in the Gauntlet. Those monsters that are invulnerable to physical damage (Shadows, Burun, and Tuskers) are just as invulnerable to war magic, but a war mage can just use hecatombs and tugaks against them the same way an archer does.

My war mage does just fine in there. The only room he can't do anything in is the dillos, where he brilliances my life spec mages.

Fire_Chimp

Post #46 »

What are you suppose to change inside the meta for the toon that cast brill?

Dmdtt

Post #47 »

AutoBrill- must be manually set in default state where it says InsertBrillCharNameHere change that to character that will brill

Fire_Chimp

Post #48 »

Didn't you also say that you had to add brill in the monster profile?

Dmdtt

Post #49 »

yup and massive mana charges in inventory and untailored focus stone, all of which is listed in first post in this thread.

zen1605

Post #50 »

Any update on when you may put out those new features?