Beta: Gauntlet Meta

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
Dmdtt

Post #21 »

looking for bugs to fix in this meta for next release, also iso any suggestions for new features.

so far this is what is planned for the next release,
auto adjust accuracy for archers, this will assume skill of 530+spectral by default for every spawn then every evade will add +10% to accuracy slider. resetting after every spawn is clear to default setting.

providing general character profiles for archer/void/war

providing a txt guide of what weapons for what monsters

Fire_Chimp

Post #22 »

Be nice to see an auto brill function for the Dillo's room

Dmdtt

Post #23 »

Fire_Chimp wrote:Be nice to see an auto brill function for the Dillo's room
in theory with chat capture this should be possible. here is my current thinking

in default state you set a variable for 1 or 2 characters to set them brill others

in the default4 state (combat) those characters react to having dillos in range with no wights or other creatures in range to disable combat equip focus stone then do a callout !need brill target in /s

then any char with spec lifemagic will do a response /s !brill me if they are currently not under the effect of brilliance

then brill characters will capture their name and cast brilliance on them and look for a new target.

not entirely sure I like the structure of how that will look yet though ill give it a try in one of my runs this weekend and see how it turns out.

Joeblow8579

Post #24 »

I haven't played around with the meta yet, but does it intelligently use spectral life/war/void/missile rares when they're required?

For example, as an archer you'd go in and want to use missile until you get to room 6 and the shadows, where you'd want a life spectral. From then on you really want both going because you need to use life on the shadows, burun, and tuskers in their rooms as well as in room 12.

Dmdtt

Post #25 »

Joeblow8579 wrote:I haven't played around with the meta yet, but does it intelligently use spectral life/war/void/missile rares when they're required?

For example, as an archer you'd go in and want to use missile until you get to room 6 and the shadows, where you'd want a life spectral. From then on you really want both going because you need to use life on the shadows, burun, and tuskers in their rooms as well as in room 12.
currently it does not attempt to use spectrals at all, it relies on user to add them to consumables and let vtank buffing take care of it. which means there is a bit of waste tbh. at all times during runs for mages/archers both spectrals should be active. and to perfectly honest I don't see a major issue with this. at most groups will have 30 fighters in a run and they will use 6-7 spectrals of each type per character which is a manageable cost for beating gauntlet. making changes so that you only use life spectrals when you absolutely need them would probably save no more than 2-3 spectrals a run total per archer and none on mages.

Edit: rooms 1-6 take about 9-11 minutes to complete.

Joeblow8579

Post #26 »

I have a problem where vtank will use a spectral, but if there's more than one added to the tab it will just sit there and hang while trying futilely to use a second one, which it can't do for three minutes. So I can get it to buff and use a missile spectral, but then have to pop a life one manually in room 6.

Dmdtt

Post #27 »

Joeblow8579 wrote:I have a problem where vtank will use a spectral, but if there's more than one added to the tab it will just sit there and hang while trying futilely to use a second one, which it can't do for three minutes. So I can get it to buff and use a missile spectral, but then have to pop a life one manually in room 6.
yeah our group solves this problem by buffing in lobby and waiting till 2 spectrals are active on every person then starting gauntlet. rebuff time is set to 0 for meta by default in reset state so it works out fine.

Dmdtt

Post #28 »

new meta posted, see original post for details, as always let me know when something breaks.

Dmdtt

Post #29 »

minor non critical changes to V2

meta now clearallvars[] when run complete

also fixed placement of a clearvar condition for designated brill characters.(wasn't working if char recharged when next spawn hit)

Edit: also edited the four commands available during runs to only allow chat from local chat, this is to prevent any players in fellow not fighting in the arena from issuing commands to the rest of the fellow.

fixed requirements for saying !brill me to also include possession of spectral life rare.

Dmdtt

Post #30 »

fixed recall for RB in runback state.

adjusted Brill timing to prevent locking a focus stone.

added a few extra clearvar[] for brill variables.

fixed regex in rare crystal check in default state.