Beta: Gauntlet Meta

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
Dmdtt

Beta: Gauntlet Meta

Post #1 »

Few things to note about this meta before I go into requirements or how to use it. This meta is still very much in the testing stages, I am not in any way liable for incomplete or failed runs while running this meta, use at own risk. This meta only works for RB and CH due to popular request I left EW out so that certain parties could not be blocked from their own runs due to my meta.

This meta has only been tested in RB arena 1, other arenas are untested and have not been run to completion. that said the routes are all there for the three other arenas so in theory it should work fine.

Meta Requirements
Magtools required
Portal Recall must lead to the town you are running gauntlet in, Heb for CH and Zaik for RB
LS needs to be DI if you want meta to hand in DITs
suggested to have DITs on your person
Must have spectrals for your character, Missile for Archers, void/war for mages

Useage
Fair warning- this meta changes/adjust A LOT of settings.

Once ticket has been handed in the meta should take care of itself except for a few minor things.

Must have a few Characters with mandrake on them to ring bell in rooms 10-11

must have spectrals

meta will not move away from group for tugaking, I suggest manually controlling 1 character per player in group and do that yourself

suggested to position yourself near portal for arena start before handing in ticket.

for now at least I will not be providing character profiles for this meta, I suggest looking at acpedia for creature lists and Drthunder2's guide on ACforums https://www.asheronscall.com/en/forums/ ... lk-Through

Update New Meta Posted

New Functions- V4+ only

Added better detection for which room you are currently in

Added callouts for time remaining for Leader at end of each room (this must be manually set in default state where it says insertLeaderName, or using /vt mexec setvar[Leader, 1]

New Command in Default2(Lobby State) say !summon in fellow chat to force a summon of all players running V4 or above, this will reduce the lag on first spawn inside the arena.

Disabled buffing during combat(Default4 state only) when a spectral has been used within the last 3 minutes.

New Functions- V2+ only

Automatic Accuracy for archers- must have spectral missile rares

AutoBrill- must be manually set in default state where it says InsertBrillCharNameHere change that to character that will brill. I suggest 1 brill character per 4 life spec mages.
Requirements-Brill character must have/do the following
untailored focusing stone in inventory(uses name of item to recharge and to use it.)
Rule in monster list called Brill with a wand set for what you want equipped while applying brill(does not need to be focusing stone)
massive mana charges to recharge focusing stone

mages will only ask for a brill if following conditions are met,
spec life magic
life spectral gems in inventory
less than 5s left on brill

Fixed multiple points at which no message for doors would mess up the meta

Added an additional route point for rooms 10 and 11 on top of the bell, this is determined by if your character has Mandrake in their inventory(can buy at any mage vendor)

additional rules for tracking room #

recalls if known will now be used after room 5 and on runback after death.

disabled buffing after finishing a run.

added expression that looks for rare gems to default state, issues chat to /f with possible rare in inventory. as leader I suggest issuing !clear command to fellow chat before you begin a run it will trigger default state and test everyone for a rare gem.

Newest Version
GauntMetaPublicV4.met
(109.16 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
Old Versions
V3
GauntMetaPublicV3.met
(97.52 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
V1
GauntMetaPublicV1.zip
(13.02 KiB) Downloaded 577 times

Hotdogface

Post #2 »

U rock DMDtt

Syclone

Post #3 »

Ran in RB, Arena #1 to completion. Thank you for the work, Dmdtt!

We've noticed a ton of command and state changes, are these all necessary? (my meta knowledge is just enough to be dangerous, I've written a few basic control and hunting metas).

For the dillo rooms, I wonder if the routing would be best done as a triangle shape rather than straight across? We seem to have had better times while using that formation.

As for tugaking, bots using lifebolts seem to be acceptable as long as they have slayer wands.

I've had a few glitches/errors, but nothing that has brought the character or group to a halt:
-stuck in between the wall and the spawned door for next room, had to PR.
-had the leader's meta not work at all one run, even though turned on/etc.
-in room 12, the leader wants to run against the far wall the whole time, until end of the 4th spawn then he used the door.
-a few times in the grievver room, one or two won't portal out when the others do

Dmdtt

Post #4 »

Syclone wrote: We've noticed a ton of command and state changes, are these all necessary? (my meta knowledge is just enough to be dangerous, I've written a few basic control and hunting metas).
for the most part honestly no they are not necessary but I structured it that way to save myself time later for when I decide to add additional features.
Syclone wrote:For the dillo rooms, I wonder if the routing would be best done as a triangle shape rather than straight across? We seem to have had better times while using that formation.
I'm curious about one thing, in your monster list are you using a rule for archers like this,

Species==Armoredillo&&range>15

using that rule and setting at a higher priority will force them to attack dillos that are farther away from them making them more likely to strike from behind.
Syclone wrote:I've had a few glitches/errors, but nothing that has brought the character or group to a halt:
-stuck in between the wall and the spawned door for next room, had to PR.
-had the leader's meta not work at all one run, even though turned on/etc.
-in room 12, the leader wants to run against the far wall the whole time, until end of the 4th spawn then he used the door.
-a few times in the grievver room, one or two won't portal out when the others do
1. known error happens usually when either lag while approach door and getting stuck inside it, or when no chat message for door happens. currently thinking about starting a timer when it detects the door if it fails to move into it by time the timer reaches 10-15s it auto recalls.

2. are you sure leader didn't have any rares on him? also one way to fix this in future is set to default3 state while inside the arena, it will autocorrect itself from there.

3. working on a fix for this now actually. current idea is to react to spawn variable for fourth spawn and what creature types are nearby to set a variable for roomNumber instead of current method. current method has me using objectname of the gauntlet door but it does not always work fast enough and a character can use the door before meta pulls the object name and reacts, which results in loading the improper route for dillo room 11 or 12.

4. this is usually due to them taking damage causing them to go in a loop of healing, most common with archers actually while they are switching to wand to casting they sometimes will get stuck in a loop of healing with kits. make sure GoToPeaceModeToUseKits is set to false in AdvRecharge settings. ill add it to automatically disable in the initial setup.

Sunrise

Post #5 »

Please reconsider your position on the EW. I have thoroughly loved running your metas and have a number of hand raised characters I can put in a fellow for Gauntlet. I have found it difficult to manage them manually. I would love to try this gauntlet meta but all my toons are masters in the EW. I have not noticed ANY competition to runs in the EW.

I wish you the best. Your metas have greatly improved my enjoymment of AC.

Sunrise

Sunrise

Post #6 »

I should have added that my wife and I play on TD only

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #7 »

Sunrise wrote:Please reconsider your position on the EW. I have thoroughly loved running your metas and have a number of hand raised characters I can put in a fellow for Gauntlet. I have found it difficult to manage them manually. I would love to try this gauntlet meta but all my toons are masters in the EW. I have not noticed ANY competition to runs in the EW.

Sunrise

I thought you could do the Gauntlet in any arena, regardless of your affiliation.

The meta doesn't run in EW so that other groups can still do if RB and CH are filled with bots.

Dmdtt

Post #8 »

Sunrise wrote:Please reconsider your position on the EW. I have thoroughly loved running your metas and have a number of hand raised characters I can put in a fellow for Gauntlet. I have found it difficult to manage them manually. I would love to try this gauntlet meta but all my toons are masters in the EW. I have not noticed ANY competition to runs in the EW.

Sunrise
you can run gauntlet in any arena provided you have 1 character in your group that is master in CH or RB to hand in the ticket.

Fuzz42

Post #9 »

you dont need to be master to hand in a ticket... you just need to be from that faction (regardless of rank) to hand in the ticket.

zen1605

Post #10 »

correct. i've handed it in as an initiate since i just switched societies.