GM: IBControl V1.3.0 [Deprecated]

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #91 »

why do people use notepad? seriously?
Immortalbob of MT

Diva

Post #92 »

Because that was the way I was told to edit it.

In this post; For a quick way to edit all chat commands see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=331

Which was posted by,,,, Ummm,,, You.
He who expects NO gratitude, shall NEVER be disappointed!

Harry Keough

Post #93 »

It appears auto-fellow create/recruit is broken in this version. It keeps saying I am not a member of a fellowship.

Perhaps other factors are involved. I will test this on my PC when I get home.
Last edited by Harry Keough on April 26th, 2016, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #94 »

Harry Keough wrote:It appears auto-fellow create/recruit is broken in this version. It keeps saying I am not a member of a fellowship.
This is the first i've heard about this i havent made a change to that in a few versions...it sounds like its not creating the fellowship for you first...
Immortalbob of MT

Goobernut

Post #95 »

The create fellow stopped working for me too .. basically wont create the fellow first, if I go to the meta menu and choose CreateFellowAndRecruit it then does what its supposed to, or if I create a fellow manually and then it recruits members ....

I checked and saw you'd not changed anything so suspect it might be "user error: and it's us that fooking something up :)

To answer your question regarding notepad ...

Old farts like me have used notepad to edit everything and anything for years, started with HTML before any editors or GUI was available at a reasonable price or remotely worked. Also in my case the GUI makes no sense to me, and clunky as hell. The lay out in the txt format makes sense to my mind though .....

Having said that I realize that editing via notepad can right royally screw up the file and forcing myself to use the GUI so it will become easier the more I use it ---- so pretty much a dinosaur thing (in my case anyways) :D ;)

Even NASA is telling us how :geek:

http://hesperia.gsfc.nasa.gov/hessi/sol ... tepad.html

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #96 »

Diva wrote:Because that was the way I was told to edit it.

In this post; For a quick way to edit all chat commands see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=331

Which was posted by,,,, Ummm,,, You.
Bob is referencing the chat commands.
The #1 (and usually only) thing people use notepad to edit metas for is adding leader names for each chat command.

It' easier to do it in notepad than opening every single rule and typing your name.

Nowhere does it say to edit your rules and add new logic using notepad. You need a keen eye and a complete understanding of the file format, which is more work than is necessary to write a meta. - http://www.immortalbob.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 4&t=10#p19

Use the in-game editor.

Diva

Post #97 »

Understand.

The issue I have with the ingame editing. When I type a line in like this;
^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!OLPD\"$

I can't see anything after ( you|th ) in the block so I can't double check to make sure I typed it correctly. even if I use the arrow keys to try and go to the end of the line it still does not show it.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #98 »

Correct, we ALL have that problem

Type the string out in notepad, then copy paste it in to the meta editor.

Do not use notepad to make edits to the file itself.

Diva

Post #99 »

OK . Thanks Hells.

Diva

Post #100 »

2 Issues / questions.

1. I have run into this issue several time, which is my fault for pushing the wrong button on chaso control. I push Use Nearest Gateway, when I should have pushed Use Nearest Portal.

Is there a "Reset" command I can use to get them out of the Looking for gateway action. The only way I can find is to go to each client and click None on meta and then back to IBControl to set it back to default 2.

2. Colo Mini bosses. I gather my group in colo, buff and follow. I go to stone fist. Use nearest portal and they all go through and all fight. I then go to the next room. My arachers get stuck in the firing anamation and I have to go to each one and click combat off and back on for them to start fighting correctly.

Is there a way to fix this so when I enter the room my archers fight correctly?

Thanks in advance.