GM: IBControl V1.3.0 [Deprecated]

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #81 »

Chaos Helper shouldn't affect portaling or corrupt your .dat in any way. Interesting.

Goobernut

Post #82 »

Yeah I know so the dury is still out but right now,though the evidence is pointing that having that enabled I get the corruption, it could be my PC and a timing thing where the game is writing tho the DAT file as the same time as I'm using a single install, but that should happen by using chat commands as well, so it makes not sense really ... but going to do some more testing, re-install chaos, have chaos on with other things off etc ..

I want to be able to 100% repro it again first as I haven't had the time to get everything set up like before and run the same commands etc ... been having fun actually playing rather than replacing files as well :-)

Some time during the week will see and if it repro's will dump a decal export and find any other log files I can that might be relevant

Goobernut

Post #83 »

Finally got testing done and its not Chaos .. I can repro with it on and if off, so have to figure out whats going on as pretty much every time I use a group command that involves portaling !do22 or something similar get stuck in portal space an the only recourse is disconnect all and copy good .dat files and log back on --

Having 7 clients on on machine and i5 with 8 GIG of RAM .. I've tried separate folders

Code: Select all

Name=****,Password=****,LaunchPath=C:\games\AC\aclauncher.exe,LeafcullEnabled=True
Name=****,Password=****,LaunchPath=C:\games\AC\aclauncher.exe,LeafcullEnabled=True
Name=****,Password=****,LaunchPath=C:\games\AC\2\aclauncher.exe,LeafcullEnabled=True
Name=****,Password=****,LaunchPath=C:\games\AC\2\aclauncher.exe,LeafcullEnabled=True
Name=****,Password=****,LaunchPath=C:\games\AC\3\aclauncher.exe,LeafcullEnabled=True
Name=****,Password=****,LaunchPath=C:\games\AC\3\aclauncher.exe,LeafcullEnabled=True
I left the UserPreferences.ini as is with this setup.

Going to try 7 separate directories next as I have the drive space to do so.

Not sure what I'm doing incorrectly but sure its something :-)

Anyway ... as this now is clearly not a meta or chaos issue I'll stop posting to this thread as not to clutter it up any more :-)

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #84 »

Set up separate directories for every single account. You have 2-3 clients using the same files, which is causing your .dat corruption issue.

Goobernut

Post #85 »

That was my next step in the progression here. Ran that setup last night and got the Tou-Tou tasks done, but had one guy stuck in portal space doing the !dofn (Frozen Valley) will do some more today and see if things are any better ... one client bunging up is better than all I suppose ...

The next progression will be to spread the clients across 2 machines, would prefer not to do that ... either that or go back to 5 clients where I had no issues with a single install :-)

edit --- ooopppss I posted again when I said I wouldn't :-P

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #86 »

No worries.
Make a separate install for each client, set each one to a diff account in thwarg accounts.txt, you'll be fine.

Diva

Post #87 »

I tried to load a few thngs in the meta so I could use Mansion Portal Devices and the Buffs. So I MADE A COPY then I added these lines , what went wrong?

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!BSD\"$

/mt use Black Spawn Den Portal Device

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!CIT\"$

/mt use Citadels Portal Device

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!DPD\"$

/mt use Dangerous Portal Device

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!KLP\"$

/mt use K'nath Lair Portal

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!LDD\"$

/mt use Lesser Direlands Device

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!OLPD\"$

/mt use Olthoi Lands Portal Device

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!OPD\"$

/mt use Outland Portal Device

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!IQT\"$

/mt use Portal to Izji Qo's Temple

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!KLT\"$

/mt use Portal to Kivik Lir's Temple

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!RTT\"$

/mt use Replica of a Tursh Totem

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!DM\"$

/mt use Dark Monolith

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!FFM\"$

/mt use Fertilized Fly Trap

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!FPP\"$

/mt use Fertilized Pitcher Plant

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!FS\"$

/mt use Fertilized Sundew

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!FOJ\"$

/mt use Font of Jojii

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!BSMS\"$

/mt use Black Spear of Mukkir Strength

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!HOTH\"$

/mt use Head of the Homunculus

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!GDS\"$

/mt use Gladiator Diemos Statue

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!TBB\"$

/mt use Tome of Blood and Bone

^.*(You|Diva|E Zee P Zee).* (say|says|tells you|think), \"!FHBG\"$

/mt use Facility Hub Portal Gem
He who expects NO gratitude, shall NEVER be disappointed!

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #88 »

i have no idea?
Immortalbob of MT

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #89 »

Define "load"
Did you use notepad?
In-game editor?

for landscape items you should always define it as such
/mt usel = use landscape object
/mt usei = use inventory object

add a "p" for partial name match
/mt usep
/mt uselp
/mt useip

/mt use k'nath lair portal may fail due to the apostrophe, try /mt uselp lair portal

You could also move away from magtools commands for using objects.
Vtank expressions are much more powerful

http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/Meta_Functions

http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/M ... s#Examples

Diva

Post #90 »

Basicly what I did was, I opened IBControl in Note pad. I found the Default2 line for Log Off command and a copied / pasted that onto a seperat note pad. then I made all the lines that I posted on that note pad. Then in game a opened the meta section and created / added each line by opening the create area, click chat command, default 2 and then tap to note pad, copied the line I wanted , then went back into game and pasted it in the line box. then did the same in the right hand section. If the entered text came up red. I deleted that line and did it again.

Without listing all my edits again, what I need to do is change all the right hand box lines to something like this;
/mt usel Black Spawn Den Portal Device instead of /mt use Black Spawn Den Portal Device
or /mt uselp Lair Portal when the device name has a ' in it.

and what I would type in game is /f !BSD and this will tell all my toons to use the BSD portal device that we are standing in front of, if I understand correctly?

I need to learn the expressions, but I just want to get this to work in a way I can figure out right now.

I also changed the button in chaos helper to use the Facility Hub Gem instead of trying to use the old orb. And it worked, One small victory for me :lol:
He who expects NO gratitude, shall NEVER be disappointed!