GM: Reef Breaker (Coral Golem Killtask)

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
HellsWrath
Site Admin

GM: Reef Breaker (Coral Golem Killtask)

Post #1 »

Coral Golem Killtask on repeat until you receive the Reef Breaker title. (Also get the pink/blue coral shields)

Requires Aerlinthe and Aphus Recall

Re-save the character profile with Mine Only checked
Replace the item/consumables list with yours

Talk to Malrin in Sanamar if you have never started the task, then set to the ReturnToCaverns state

Use a low level pet if you are summoner, lvl 80 or so. It won't give you double credit every time but it certainly helps.

Sometimes gets stuck on the door when going back to TurnIn. If it becomes a big problem I'll add a fix.

After each run it outputs your current killtask completion count to chat

You can check it manually with
/vt mexec getvar[Attempts]

It took 117 attempts before I received the title.
Attachments
ReefBreaker.zip
(4.44 KiB) Downloaded 285 times

Kempeck

Post #2 »

Just use /f !start ? I didn't see a README file. I apologize if I missed it.
Kempeck Rhal (HW) - MT
Geis Rahl (War) - MT
All of the K'mpeck's & Any of the "Mistake" toons
/cg for Kempeck if you need me

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #3 »

Kempeck wrote:Just use /f !start ? I didn't see a README file. I apologize if I missed it.
instructions are right here in the thread.
Immortalbob of MT

SlitThroat

Post #4 »

Thank you for this meta. I made some changes based on my experience using it, and submit for your approval.

I ran into the door hiccup running on multiple computers, and it also keep charging walls on the problem system. After a couple looks, I figured out that some of the ranges did not make sense and did not work in the coral dungeon. The problem system had ranges left over from something else I had run. So I add some default settings to configure ranges.

So I had a thought on timing of the loop of hunting and going to the npc. Portal recall would go back to sanamar. So I added a couple navigation steps into the loop. When done hunting is now does a portal recall. Check location, if sanamar use route to the npc, if not sanamar uses route with bobo recall, tn, sanamar, to npc. End result after first run, the loop drops a minute of time. So when running for a long number of times this adds up.

So while I was making changes I added a !start and !turnin command to the default start.
I also found my pack getting full, so added a little looting adjustment to the hunting section. When pack is nearly full, switch to looting only rare corpses.

Have fun.
ReefBreaker.met
(12.35 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
Slit Throat
Darktide
The Last Stand

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #5 »

Very cool, I haven't touched this meta since I finished the task, glad someone made use of it.

SlitThroat

Post #6 »

After running this as my "Screen Saver" at work for 8 hours a day, for two weeks.

15:43:57 Malrin tells you, "Those Coral Golems won't be scratching my armor again."
15:43:57 Malrin tells you, "You can continue to kill Coral Golems and if you kill another 50 I'll reward you again."
15:43:57 Malrin tells you, "It would seem that the reefs have been broken, my armor and I appreciate your efforts."
15:43:57 Malrin gives you Coral Shield.
15:43:57 Malrin gives you Coral Shield.
15:43:57 You've earned 2,045,376 experience.
15:43:57 You have been given the title of Reef Breaker.

Thanks again for the meta.
Slit Throat
Darktide
The Last Stand