GM: Stipends! Multi-Account Single Meta

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
ozshadow

Post #21 »

That seemed to work fine. My only red text appeared to come from the titled slots. I extended the logoff time and changed the final route to return back to the mansion. Worked well.

Is it supposed to automatically get to the second account and log a character on? I used Multiclient, all logged in at character screens and had to manually log the first on for each account. I did them one account at a time - could multiple accounts run at the same time ?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #22 »

ozshadow wrote:That seemed to work fine. My only red text appeared to come from the titled slots. I extended the logoff time and changed the final route to return back to the mansion. Worked well.

Is it supposed to automatically get to the second account and log a character on? I used Multiclient, all logged in at character screens and had to manually log the first on for each account. I did them one account at a time - could multiple accounts run at the same time ?
No, it doesn't have control over initial logins, and I believe you have to run 1 account at a time, otherwise you start running into issues with magfilter commands for some reason.
Immortalbob of MT

Thwargle

Post #23 »

I feel like we can get this working for every character on every account now using my launcher. My friend and I have made some big improvements to the launcher; and as such to magfilter as well. Our version of magfilter has new chat-based commands. I'm thinking in the next couple of weeks or two we will continue to advance the chat-based command system.

I'll try and get this working with all my accounts and follow up. End-goal being I hit go on one guy and it'll then get every character on every account a stipend. On each server I specify for each account would be nice too.

This sounds like a fun task to tackle.

yaroz

Post #24 »

How will that work? Are you setting up channels, or a communications server, or will it just broadcast to everyone on your local network? That will be a good way to introduce new reporting features to my meta. :)

Thwargle

Post #25 »

We are doing file-base communication between the launcher and mag-filter.

Take a look at /mf help

<{Mag-Filter}>: Commands: alcmq: After Login Complete Message Queue (add, clear, wait set, wait clear)
dlc: Default Login Character (set, clear)
lcmq: Login Complete Message Queue (add, clear)
lnq: Login Next Queue (set, clear)
version: Display assembly version info
help: List all mf commands
broadcast: Broadcast command to other games ('/mf bc /t:red *bow*)
bc: Broadcast command to other games ('/mf bc /t:red *bow*)
createteam: Create team of specified characters ('/mf ct Tom Bob')
showteams: Show all my teams ('/mf st')
jointeam: Join a team ('/mf jt red')
leaveteam: Leave a team ('/mf lt red')
test: Test submitting a command directly to game ('/mf test somecommandstring')

As you can see, you can create and join teams. These teams will be visible in the Launcher UI near the account name; so you can see who is on what team at a glance. Commands can then be sent either to everyone or directly to a team. Commands look like: /mf bc /vt start

And that would send a command to all of your logged in accounts to start virindi tank.

YanshiNative

Post #26 »

Do I have to be using the Thwarg launcher in order for this to work?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #27 »

no, it will work fine with the old magfilter as well, however, there are a lot of improvements in the new mf, it doesn't hurt to have it loaded.
Immortalbob of MT

Lothlann

Post #28 »

Hello, i'm currently trying to get this going but have had little luck. I do have mag filters but it just wont log in the next char. Also am i just supposed to start it on each account starting with character number 1?
Thanks!

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #29 »

Lothlann wrote:Hello, i'm currently trying to get this going but have had little luck. I do have mag filters but it just wont log in the next char. Also am i just supposed to start it on each account starting with character number 1?
Thanks!
Are you certain you have mag tools and mag filter? They get mixed up by a lot of people. And yes start with char 1 in your list. You will skip char 11
Immortalbob of MT

Lothlann

Post #30 »

So I did have mag filters, just seems to take a while to get working. Okay, thank you very much. Seems you can only run it on 1 account at a time other wise they start crashing, same issue you have seen??