GM: Stipends! Multi-Account Single Meta

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #11 »

do you have magfilter loaded into decal? not magtools, magfilter
Immortalbob of MT

Fuzz42

Post #12 »

yessir.

Mag-Filter 1.0.0.6

I could have sworn I had current.... testing :P

Fuzz42

Post #13 »

you da man! thanks a ton sir!

Charles the Hawk

Post #14 »

I'm a complete newbie re Decal. I've never been able to get Decal to work with Linux and only have access to a Windows computer on Saturday mornings. Automating stipend collection would be nice, so I tried it this morning and it worked great for my characters that were already near Monroe (about 80% of them) but I had trouble with navigation. It may not have anything to do with this meta but I don't know how things are interrelated. I need 3 different /ah's across the worlds: Eastham, Holt, and Yaraq. Here's what I tried:

One allegiance is homed in Eastham, so I went to the "Route" tab in VT and began with a "Chat command: /ah". Then I moved or selected portals and used the various "Add" buttons to define a route to Monroe. I saved that as "/vt nav save Eastham2Arwic". I'm going by memory, but it looked something like:
1. Chat Command: /ah
2. Portal: Town Network
3. Point: (blah, blah)
4. Portal: Arwic
5. Point: (blah,blah)
6. Point: (blah,blah)

I replaced the "nav [None]" command in the meta with "Embedded Nav "Eastham2Arwic.nav"" using the "Import from Current" button.

The problem is, when I started the macro, it usually skipped some of the first navigation steps. Usually it started with step 3 or step 5 which means my character simply took off running. I could stop the macro, manually do an "/ah", go to the Route tab and move the pointer to step one, restart the macro, and sometimes it would pick up at the right spot, but sometimes it would skip down to step 5 again and I had to manually go through the Arwic portal. Usually (perhaps always) it did the same thing on every character for a given world. For some reason, the one for Yaraq worked fine but I couldn't find any obvious difference between it and the others.

So, any idea what might be happening? Is there a better way to define the navigation? Is there a way to edit the navigation? I could only see "Add" buttons so had to delete and redefine them on every attempt.

Problem 2: Sometimes the macro would stop when a new character logged in with something like "You need to define a wand in this profile." I simply hit the resume button and it would continue on. That's not a biggie, but I had hoped it could run unattended.

Roogon

Post #15 »

Charles the Hawk wrote:Automating stipend collection would be nice, so I tried it this morning and it worked great for my characters that were already near Monroe (about 80% of them) but I had trouble with navigation. It may not have anything to do with this meta but I don't know how things are interrelated. I need 3 different /ah's across the worlds: Eastham, Holt, and Yaraq. ...
Both Problem 1 and 2 are pre-navigational problems .. which I removed from my meta(s).

I started out the same way when I first use this meta. I'm a 15 year player with multiple accounts and players on all worlds. I had (of course) multiple home towns, different levels of toons translating into different recalls (or lack of). And I had a few Olthois in the mix too.

Simple put, no one copy of this meta file would answer all.

I removed the pre-navigation from a base copy of the meta. That meant all toons were based out of Arwic near the lifestone. Not far from what I was not already doing with the manual process of getting stipends. I support the pre-navigation if the toons included are all the same for the navigational requirements (recall/hometown). My methods (or lack of) allowed for all worlds/toons no matter. Every world runs the meta completely in one shot with all toons.

I made separate meta files for each world. Thus adding names was easy and I could account for skipping the Olthoi toons. As a side note, the meta file name stayed in place in each world when using it week after week (unless I used a different meta in the mean while for something else).

Thus this created a huge savings of time (even with a few bumps), where I can do 70+ on all worlds in a little over half an hour.
Roogon

Diva

Post #16 »

Just Learning.......

So I made a copy of the Meta.. Opened it in Notepad. Entered all my Characters names Solt 1 account 1, solt 1 account 2, slot 1 account 3 ect. ( Hope that was correct )

When I got to the bottom I only saw 10 slots. Is this correct? So I copied a section and pasted it in and called it slot 11. I also copied and pasted at at the end of each slot, 1 extra section for my 9th account.

Does this sound correct?

I dont have the Arwic bind stone. Could you tell me how to write a nav to recall to life stone? All my characters are Life Stoned at Arwic.

Thank you for all you do.
He who expects NO gratitude, shall NEVER be disappointed!

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #17 »

Diva wrote:So I made a copy of the Meta.. Opened it in Notepad. Entered all my Characters names Solt 1 account 1, solt 1 account 2, slot 1 account 3 ect. ( Hope that was correct )
Why not just edit it in the meta tab in vtank? notepad is unreliable, easy to break the meta...
Diva wrote:When I got to the bottom I only saw 10 slots. Is this correct? So I copied a section and pasted it in and called it slot 11. I also copied and pasted at at the end of each slot, 1 extra section for my 9th account.

Does this sound correct?
Only the first 10 characters are needed. when char 10 logs off, 11 will log in. when 11 is done it will log off and not log back in.
Diva wrote:I dont have the Arwic bind stone. Could you tell me how to write a nav to recall to life stone? All my characters are Life Stoned at Arwic.
If they are at the lifestone in arwic, it will complete without bindstone nav.

create a nav in the route tab in vtank that will get all your characters to the stipend vendor, and embed it in place of the one i made in the meta tab.
Immortalbob of MT

Charles the Hawk

Post #18 »

I'm in a similar situation. I changed the GotoArwic state to:
Chat Command: /ls
Set Meta State: Travel

It works for me. For the few that aren't life stoned in Arwic, they will remain at their lifestone and I can move them myself to somewhere near the Arwic LS and the meta will take over from there.

ozshadow

Post #19 »

Can you skip a character on an account with 11 without it picking it up as the unnamed 11th?

What happens on an account with fewer than 11 ?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #20 »

To skip a beat char you would enter the char name before the one you wish to skip in its place in the meta. This would leave open where the previous char should be entered

example:

Skip 4

12 356

P.S. This is all off the top of my head and could be wrong. I moved to a new place on the 10th and my internet hasn't been hooked up yet. Thus I can't get in game to verify I'm right.

Post post script: smartphone
Immortalbob of MT