Beta: Society Flagging

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
Trigger9008

Beta: Society Flagging

Post #1 »

This meta will flag a character that is NOT in a society for any society you specify so that they become an Initiate in that society.

This is a meta I wrote a long time ago. I saw a post requesting one back in august. I've not had any issues with this, nor has my allegiance. Please read this post because I'm not including a help file with it.

REQUIREMENTS:
You must NOT be in a society. You must have Mag-Tools. Also LS recall, LS Sending, or Aphus recall spell. (Supported Life Stones: Arwic, Sanamar, GW, Candeth, or any starter town.) YOU MUST HAVE THE SPELLS 'LIFESTONE SENDING' (purchase from Arwic professor for a D note if you need it) AND GRAVEYARD RECALL[1].
You need to have "Blight Lictor's Head", "Blight Rat Key", and "Scepter of Menilesh" in you loot profile[8].

COMMANDS:
Say 'hand', 'web', or 'blood' in chat to flag for that society. Or say 'bugged hand', 'bugged web', or 'bugged blood' to quick flag and skip the other two-thirds of the flagging.

IMPORTANT:
IF you opt to bypass the other factions for flagging by using one of the commands with the word 'bugged', you may not be able to switch societies in the future without the help of an admin. This is NOT because of the meta but because of the game mechanics.

Enjoy!
SASocietyFlagging.met
(141.35 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
EDIT: This meta is a little sloppy for my liking because I was testing the crap out of variables with it. But it works. ^_^
And I'm not sure the options to skip other society flagging steps works. I've never used it lol.[2]

EDIT2:
This has been updated in a few minor, yet very impactful, ways.
[1]: You need GY recall and mag-tools; this has always been true, idk why I missed this in the requirements the first and second time...
[2]: I've checked out the 'bugged web' and 'bugged blood'. So far, it needed a lot of small corrections to make that work. It worked for me but I only tested those 2 once each. That means I have NOT tested 'bugged hand'.
[3]: The chest should now close properly (Eldrytch Web flagging) after looting the Scepter of Menilesh (If not, just close the chest and it'll resume by itself).
[4]: Recalling to mansion for the alternate route to Ayan should no longer hang as it now has a 16 reset timer.
[5]: It should now be able to resume (more or less) where you left off if you crash. Keep in mind that you would still need to start in the 'Default' state and declare your desired society again to let it know how to proceed.
[6]: You should now walk up to the pedestal normally before attempting to grab the Corrupted Mana Shard instead of shuffleing across the room from the doorway like a dork.
[7]: It now clears all variables upon reaching the 'Finished' state.
[8]: You need to have "Blight Lictor's Head", "Blight Rat Key", and "Scepter of Menilesh" in your loot profile.

I've noticed a few more things that the meta wasn't doing but is intended to do... I'll look into it later if needed.
~Trigger9008~