Request Thread: What tedious task would you like to see "meta'd"

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
Heartless

Post #11 »

Cave Penguin Eggs meta and Chorizite meta would save some time. Always need Chorizite and do the cave penguin egg quest a lot for the chance of getting the Essence of Cave Penguin always looking for a few more health points:)

edit: I also from time to time run Menhir Research quest on my mules just 15 of the rings but would be another tedious task to do.
I know these are easy to make and more then likely not what your looking for. Might get to them someday myself when ever i have the time.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #12 »

Heartless wrote:Cave Penguin Eggs meta and Chorizite meta would save some time. Always need Chorizite and do the cave penguin egg quest a lot for the chance of getting the Essence of Cave Penguin always looking for a few more health points:
Cave Penguin Eggs done.

/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=231

Maybe someone else wants to tackle chorizite?
Immortalbob of MT

Kaitro

Post #13 »

Ill post my chorizite meta once im back home

Heartless

Post #14 »

thanks a lot guys very helpful :mrgreen:

Killer

Post #15 »

The one where you visit the Lugian Mines to get medium Chorizite and return it to Beach fort. That is tedious!!

Kaitro

Post #16 »

Portal Bot version of chorizite will require abit of editing if not on Leafcull but should be fairly easy to figure out ill post the one that runs to all the portals after work
Attachments
Chorizite.met
(31.71 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #17 »

Kaitro wrote:Portal Bot version of chorizite will require abit of editing if not on Leafcull but should be fairly easy to figure out ill post the one that runs to all the portals after work
When you post the non-Leafcull specific version, please post to the meta releases forum. Thanks for sharing!!!
Immortalbob of MT

Hotdogface

Post #18 »

Off the top of my head a few things I can think of that I've done manually and repeatedly is;

-Flag characters for celestrial hand. Part 1&2 or flagging process
-I currently have a society metta but its only practical to use once the character is a knight rank. A low rank society metta would be useful
-A way to tell the augs/lum augs/seers you need and have on characters would be a really cool tool. Something that spat out data into a visual GUI. I keep a nicely designed and printed list for the mains on my 8 accounts. Its a nightmare to track all 8 though. Highlighters help.
-I've been meaning to make a few tools that aid in VR runs. One would call out cords or direction of the "firery remains" (blue flaming statue) once Varindi Sense detects it. Also it would call out Rare mobs in fellow chat. I've had to do that manually over mumble. And lastly would be a metta that will auto click blue portals on all bot characters as soon as it sees that the person collection green essences opened the portal.
-I have been messing with control;er support. It would be cool to share controller support key-bind files on here. I'll be happy to share mine that I've made for playing pvp archer with a wired xbox 360 character. I wish I could get one of the buttons to scroll through a list of weapons. switching weapons is the biggest pittfal to playing with a controller.
-Some sort of empty house detector? Maybe something that would help detect abandoned houses with good loot. Like a detect on the burden of a chest or something.
-i've always wanted to make a visual representation of the guilds on Darktide. I can list a few of the heavy hitters but I think itd be cool to see all of them layed out on the dereth map or something. Also I think it'd be really amazing if all active guilds bought mansions or villas near one another. Itd make for some really fun pvp battles.
-Some tool to detect if the Hoshino tents are safe. Pvps at the tents when all your bots are flagging can be a really dangerous situation. I currently use a "!logoff" expression. Its no fun to loose keys or even DIS.
-A tool that stores the history of your VR shard turn ins. That way u can tell if you're on a streak of luck or bad luck or not. I know the handouts are random but it'd be fun to predict the upswing.
-a greeter at Arwic that says nice things to people as they enter town. (similar to Walmart)
-A character that when fed mmds buys tapers and hands them to pvp players giving them burden. this is a fun one basically used for trolling people :p

I hope some of these ideas help inspire!
I simply dont have time to make these so I'm glad to share for the possibility that they might actually get made.

Also I'm an Art Director at a mobile games studio. I make art for GUI's all the time so if at any point you need some small art assets made for certain tools you're making please feel free to reach out.

-Hotdog Face of Darktide.

yaroz

Post #19 »

-A way to tell the augs/lum augs/seers you need and have on characters would be a really cool tool. Something that spat out data into a visual GUI. I keep a nicely designed and printed list for the mains on my 8 accounts. Its a nightmare to track all 8 though. Highlighters help.
There's code a sample meta for this in one of the other threads that I did..

http://www.immortalbob.com/phpBB3/viewt ... rt=20#p339 <-- he took mine and added other stuff.

Other than the society flagging stuff, most of that's not possible through metas. I have a society flagging section in my meta, that will only flag up to whichever rank you are.. so it won't try to flag for Lord, unless you're a Lord... none of my actual society stuff is automatic though.. I actually run my group through the stuff, then use a trigger to turn stuff in, or talk to npcs, or do actions.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #20 »

Hotdogface wrote:Off the top of my head a few things I can think of that I've done manually and repeatedly is;

-Flag characters for celestrial hand. Part 1&2 or flagging process
-I currently have a society metta but its only practical to use once the character is a knight rank. A low rank society metta would be useful

meta**
Certainly achievable
The society meta on repo can be run on an initiate, just skip the first few states
Hotdogface wrote: -A way to tell the augs/lum augs/seers you need and have on characters would be a really cool tool. Something that spat out data into a visual GUI. I keep a nicely designed and printed list for the mains on my 8 accounts. Its a nightmare to track all 8 though. Highlighters help.
Meta doesn't have a GUI outside of the editor. You can output to chat but nothing more.
^Follow yaroz's link if you want a meta to do it
Or download Felscuda's Notes http://ac.ranta.info/installer/FelscudasNotes-0.8.0.msi
tracks one time quests, augs, luminance, etc.
Hotdogface wrote: -I've been meaning to make a few tools that aid in VR runs. One would call out cords or direction of the "firery remains" (blue flaming statue) once Varindi Sense detects it. Also it would call out Rare mobs in fellow chat. I've had to do that manually over mumble. And lastly would be a metta that will auto click blue portals on all bot characters as soon as it sees that the person collection green essences opened the portal.

There is no way to detect which statue is blue with meta.
You can't directly react to Vsense chat, you would have to relay it to a character using VCS.
Since there is no way to detect the blue there is no way to know you are handing the essences to the correct statue.
Hotdogface wrote: -Some sort of empty house detector? Maybe something that would help detect abandoned houses with good loot. Like a detect on the burden of a chest or something.
Not logical to use meta for this, write a plugin.
Hotdogface wrote: -i've always wanted to make a visual representation of the guilds on Darktide. I can list a few of the heavy hitters but I think itd be cool to see all of them layed out on the dereth map or something. Also I think it'd be really amazing if all active guilds bought mansions or villas near one another. Itd make for some really fun pvp battles.
http://treestats.net builds allegiance trees for each character.
Hotdogface wrote: -Some tool to detect if the Hoshino tents are safe. Pvps at the tents when all your bots are flagging can be a really dangerous situation. I currently use a "!logoff" expression. Its no fun to loose keys or even DIS.
Meta cannot detect pvps or players unless you hard-code their names
Hotdogface wrote: -A tool that stores the history of your VR shard turn ins. That way u can tell if you're on a streak of luck or bad luck or not. I know the handouts are random but it'd be fun to predict the upswing.
Use notepad or a spreadsheet. More work than it's worth for a meta, variables are cleared upon logout and would require manual insertion of new variables so next time you run the meta it has your current values.
Hotdogface wrote: -a greeter at Arwic that says nice things to people as they enter town. (similar to Walmart)
You can do that with a navroute, no need for meta.
Hotdogface wrote: -A character that when fed mmds buys tapers and hands them to pvp players giving them burden. this is a fun one basically used for trolling people :p
Again, would require their names be hard-coded and we don't release "troll" meta's