GM: ChaosControl - Version 2

Have a meta to release to the public? Looking to download a meta? This is the place for you!
invisible fire

Post #21 »

New Chaos Helper. Started its own thread!

http://www.immortalbob.com/phpBB3/viewt ... ?f=6&t=282

stepbystep

Post #22 »

hi

there is a serious problem in the meta

other people can control the army from <chat to all> via the !commands.

in the meta the commands are
^.*().* (say|says|tells you), \"!command\"$

and it have to be
\[Fellowship\] ().* (say|says), \"!command\"$

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #23 »

stepbystep wrote:hi

and it have to be
That's not a problem in the meta, that's a user config issue....
Immortalbob of MT

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #24 »

stepbystep wrote:hi

and it have to be

Please read the instructions. This is by design.

It does not have to be Fellowship, that is the regex if you only want the option to speak in Fellow. If you use the first and place your leaders name within the () you can speak to your group through any channel and they will only respond to you.

ozshadow

Post #25 »

I am running ChaosControl with ChaosHelper.

I have specified the character names that can issue commands and it works well.

1. I setup the followme per the instructions by importing the current settings to follow one character. Is there an easy way to setup the program to allow followme (or a similar new command) to work with two different characters? Sometimes Character 1 & 2 are in the fellow together, but other times only one is. How would I setup follow1 and follow2 ?

2. Do others have issues with trying to have the group use a killtask NPC ? When I tried, some got the killtask, and some did not. I can understand too many simultaneous demands and only a few getting through. Is there a work around? I resorted to just interacting manually.

Definitely enjoying this new method of control. I have found separately saved character profiles are now really useful to quickly go back to solo play settings.

EDIT - one final note. Can someone tell me how to quickly type the separator character that is a vertical line? I have been using copy and paste.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #26 »

You may want to look at IBControl, it has been updated far past what ChaosControl can do at this point. I haven't had the time to add all of the functionality that Bob has done recently to his. It also has a ChaosHelper layout.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=291

For multiple followmes in chaoscontrol you just have to create a new rule and make it look exactly like the original followme, except with a different character name and embedded navroute

The !npc command is troublesome with a lot of clients as the NPC must interact with each one at a different time, due to the nature of npc's in AC. Bob has a command for each of the killtask areas that handles talking to each npc via navroute.

To make a vertical bar you hold shift and click backslash

shift + \ = |