Mag-tools vendors commands question.

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
xinzhao

Mag-tools vendors commands question.

Post #1 »

Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I couldn't find a better place to post this.

I'm running into problems with the commands /mt vendor addbuy and /mt vendor buy. addbuy sometimes fails to add items completely (for example, /mt vendor addbuy Leather Basinet at a vendor that sells those). Furthermore, with some items (for example Prismatic Tapers) /mt vendor addbuy Prismatic Taper works, but then a subsequent /mt vendor buy results in the error message "Some of the items you requested were not available". Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Are you simply putting "/mt vendor addbuy Prismatic Taper" or are you also adding the amount

"/mt vendor addbuy Prismatic Taper 1000"

xinzhao

Post #3 »

Thanks for the reply.

Doesn't matter if I specify an amount or not, the transaction fails at the /mt vendor buy step with the same error message I posted above.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Since Salvage names were changed several years ago it affects how items are called by name, especially when dealing with tradebots and any command that involves item names

Try using the command without the material type in the name, so instead of /mt vendor addbuy Leather Basinet, you just do /mt vendor addbuy Basinet.

Not sure if that will work but it's worth a shot.

You can also use /mt get xy and /mt click xy in place of some vendor commands.

xinzhao

Post #5 »

HellsWrath wrote:Try using the command without the material type in the name, so instead of /mt vendor addbuy Leather Basinet, you just do /mt vendor addbuy Basinet.
Didn't work.
HellsWrath wrote: Not sure if that will work but it's worth a shot.

You can also use /mt get xy and /mt click xy in place of some vendor commands.
That's what I've been doing, but I was looking for something a little more robust. Do these commands also not work for you when you try them on vendor interactions? If not, how do you handle automatically buying/selling items?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #6 »

I use Mag-Tools Auto Buy/Sell or Sellvage
They will not work for armor/weapons. I don't see a need for a meta to auto buy armor.

xinzhao

Post #7 »

My problem with Auto Buy/Sell is that I need different characters to buy different things (eg. one character needs to fully recomp by buying scarabs and tapers, another only needs mana stones.) It seems I can only make one buy/sell profile per NPC, so Auto Buy/Sell wouldn't work for me, correct?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #8 »

xinzhao wrote:My problem with Auto Buy/Sell is that I need different characters to buy different things (eg. one character needs to fully recomp by buying scarabs and tapers, another only needs mana stones.) It seems I can only make one buy/sell profile per NPC, so Auto Buy/Sell wouldn't work for me, correct?
Correct you can only have 1 profile per NPC.

Is the character that needs to buy mana stones not looting corpses?
Vtank will automatically loot and fill mana stones if you add the stones (not charges) to your consumables list

It will not use anything in your pack as a mana-tank, it will loot specific items to drain that don't match any other loot rule.

arsura

Post #9 »

I am experiencing the same problem. I have /mt vendor addbuyp Prismatic Taper 1000 and i can see it being added to the buying tab, but when the /mt vendor buy kicks in a message appears saying some of the items you requested were unavailable. Is there anything to get around this? even when i manually click buy all when the 1,000 are added from the meta it gives the error.

Loyola

Post #10 »

xinzhao wrote:My problem with Auto Buy/Sell is that I need different characters to buy different things (eg. one character needs to fully recomp by buying scarabs and tapers, another only needs mana stones.) It seems I can only make one buy/sell profile per NPC, so Auto Buy/Sell wouldn't work for me, correct?

You can have 1 profile that works for multiple characters, its what i do. I have 4 characters, 1 War Mage, 2 Void and 1 XBow. All you do is the items you want only one character to purchase, you put in a CharacterBuffedSkill rule for the items that need to be different. This way it will only buy that item if the character has the required skill check.

I have attached my auto buy/sell profile i use where i do this check for Prismatic Tapers
Attachments
Master Shoyanen Kenchu the Archmage.utl
(921 Bytes) Downloaded 437 times