Private Server

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
2Gunz

Private Server

Post #1 »

This seems to be the Arsherons Call "think tank". So I figured I would offer my help here.

I could provide servers and bandwidth hosted within a data center for a private AC server.
A friend of mine Owns a LA Based Data center with rented remote locations on the east coast and a couple in Asia.
He Owes me and we have had the conversation. He doesn't care as long as I try to keep the bandwidth under a few hundred Mbps.

Im not sure if you guys are even interested in running a private server. But I figured I would toss the idea out there.

I attempted to Contact virindi of V-tank as he is a logical person for this and showed interest on the AC forums. But I didnt receive a response there, and the Decal forum wont send me an account activation email.

Quick Question..... I have heard of some sort of special Vtank plugin for multiple accounts. I would like it, but I have no way to get ahold of Virindi.

2Gunz or twogunz - Vtank name
Lightblood- My main on FF

Thanks!

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

You'll definitely want to get in contact with Virindi
She hasn't been on a whole lot lately, just a few times in the last month. She will be around more when the actual tech, or at least info regarding what we'll need to prepare, is posted.

From the looks of things we'll be getting first word near the end of September and the actual release during the November anniversary.

I'm not sure why the decal forums wouldn't be sending you a confirmation email, I am able to log in as usual.
If you click the Donate button on Virindi's site it will show her e-mail so you can try through that.

Your best bet would be to figure out decal forums. She has a thread on there devoted to her private server discussion.
She activates your accounts for Group Controls directly in her database so it requires her to be at the keys.

You can create a character control meta that responds to chat commands in default, switches to a new state to perform an action then switch back to default to listen for more commands.

/vt help
/vt opt list
/mt commands (magtools.codeplex.com/documentation)

Read the First Timers thread in the meta forum.

2Gunz

Post #3 »

Thank you that was helpful!

2Gunz

Post #4 »

No reply :(

Wish I could get the group controls.