Confusion about ignoring certain items when looting

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Fraggle

Confusion about ignoring certain items when looting

Post #1 »

Hi all. Great little forum here with good information. Thanks for all the hard work helping and supporting people with this stuff. This is a lengthy post, my apologies. Just trying to be thorough and really figure this stuff out. I've been using virindi bundle for a little while now, but just getting into the vtank/looting aspect. I've gone through all the wiki/documentation/tutorials I can find, but still have some questions. Main question is how do I setup items to be excluded from looting? I've downloaded Immortalbob's Loot Snob profile (really great work btw!) but it's so thorough and really seems intended for high levels. I've been trying to learn how to use the classic loot program and this loot profile has been a great help and reference, but I'm mainly wanting to work in level 50-70 dungeons right now. None of those high level item rules would even apply, so I've been trying to create a very basic profile for the moment.

My needs with vtank looting are pretty simple for now. I just want it to maintain a certain small number of healing kits/health and stam pots/mana stones, and to keep magic items charged. Vtank seems to do some of this by default. Not sure what exactly I need to specify and what vtank is already doing by default. I want it to look out for rares and high value items (value >= 10,000 && burden <= 100). I've got that in my profile and working. Finally I want it to salvage pretty much everything else and combine salvage types. I don't want it to pick up anything else that it cannot salvage. Most of this I've got working right, but it keeps picking up scrolls, essences, lockpicks, etc. That's my problem that I can't figure out.

I guess I'm confused about what vtank is looting by default and what is controlled by the profile? My profile is simple. The high value rule I know is working for sure. I'm pretty sure the rares rule is working. My salvage rule is just Action:Salvage, with the rule being active. That's it, nothing in the mini box. I want everything salvaged. Didn't know if I needed more there or if I had to specify all the different types like the Loot Snob profile? It seems to be working anyhow.

For the exclusions, I've got a scrolls rule with Action:Keep, ObjectClass = Scroll. This rule is disabled, yet it still picks up scrolls. I've got an essences rule with Action:Keep, Name matches: Essence. It's disabled but it still picks up essences. Maybe I need multiple rules for the different types of essences or an IconOverlay setting like in Loot Snob? I just want them all ignored. Seems like there would be an "Ignore" Action choice, then leave the rule enabled? I'm confused about what is being controlled by vtank core versus what is controlled by the profile.

Also what is Action:Sell? Really appreciate any info and help with this! Thanks so much.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Fraggle wrote:My needs with vtank looting are pretty simple for now. I just want it to maintain a certain small number of healing kits/health and stam pots/mana stones, and to keep magic items charged. Vtank seems to do some of this by default. Not sure what exactly I need to specify and what vtank is already doing by default.
Mana Stones will automatically be looted, charged and used provided they are listed in your Consumables tab. For heal kits and pots create a rule choose Action: keep# from the drop down on the top right, and use a string value match - name matches requirement.

Fraggle wrote:I want it to look out for rares and high value items (value >= 10,000 && burden <= 100). I've got that in my profile and working. Finally I want it to salvage pretty much everything else and combine salvage types. I don't want it to pick up anything else that it cannot salvage. Most of this I've got working right, but it keeps picking up scrolls, essences, lockpicks, etc. That's my problem that I can't figure out.
Add to the rule: String Value Match - Name Matches - ^((?!Item Name).)*$
for each item you wish to exclude. These don't have to be case specific, so ^((?!Scroll).)*$ would block anything with "Scroll" in the name.

Fraggle wrote:I guess I'm confused about what vtank is looting by default and what is controlled by the profile? My profile is simple. The high value rule I know is working for sure. I'm pretty sure the rares rule is working. My salvage rule is just Action:Salvage, with the rule being active. That's it, nothing in the mini box. I want everything salvaged. Didn't know if I needed more there or if I had to specify all the different types like the Loot Snob profile? It seems to be working anyhow.
To loot just salvageable items of a certain value, use 2 requirements longvaluekey >= - value, and long value key >= Material 0

That will also exclude non salvageable items by adding a materials requirement.
Fraggle wrote:For the exclusions, I've got a scrolls rule with Action:Keep, ObjectClass = Scroll. This rule is disabled, yet it still picks up scrolls.
Vtank should pick up unknown scrolls by default and learn them...not sure if this is what you mean.
Fraggle wrote:I've got an essences rule with Action:Keep, Name matches: Essence. It's disabled but it still picks up essences. Maybe I need multiple rules for the different types of essences or an IconOverlay setting like in Loot Snob? I just want them all ignored. Seems like there would be an "Ignore" Action choice, then leave the rule enabled? I'm confused about what is being controlled by vtank core versus what is controlled by the profile.
Select an item that was looted that you did not want, and type /vt testitem
It will then spit out which loot rule triggered. Edit that rule to resolve the problem.
Fraggle wrote:Also what is Action:Sell? Really appreciate any info and help with this! Thanks so much.
I believe it is used with Mag Tools Auto Vendor capability.
Immortalbob of MT

Fraggle

Post #3 »

Immortalbob, appreciate the detailed and quick response. I took a break from vtank config and just did some leveling. I've since added those things you mentioned into my config, but it's still looting scrolls, essences, lockpicks, etc.

I've got a disabled Action:Keep rule, which contains ObjectClass = Scroll, Name matches: ^((?!Scroll).)*$ The same thing for lockpicks (ObjectClass = Lockpick), and the same thing for essences (just without the ObjectClass line). These rules are all disabled. Is it because of that? I thought that was how you excluded things from being looted. I think I may just stick with this behavior anyway, because I actually like the corpses to all be cleanly looted and disappear, so this is probably best. I hadn't thought of that actually. I don't like a bunch of bodies persisting all around, and the misc items add up in value anyway!

So it's no big deal I just am wondering why it's not working, or what I'm misunderstanding. Thanks again.

Fraggle

Post #4 »

I forgot some questions - is there any possibility vtank will try and charge a mana stone using existing inventory equipment for some weird reason? Anything to watch out for? I don't want my swapped out equipment to get destroyed. It does seem to ignore stuff that was already there, which is good.

Does it only charge stones on stuff it knows it looted? Thanks again.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #5 »

Fraggle wrote:I've since added those things you mentioned into my config, but it's still looting scrolls, essences, lockpicks, etc.

I've got a disabled Action:Keep rule, which contains ObjectClass = Scroll, Name matches: ^((?!Scroll).)*$ The same thing for lockpicks (ObjectClass = Lockpick), and the same thing for essences (just without the ObjectClass line). These rules are all disabled. Is it because of that? I thought that was how you excluded things from being looted. I think I may just stick with this behavior anyway, because I actually like the corpses to all be cleanly looted and disappear, so this is probably best. I hadn't thought of that actually. I don't like a bunch of bodies persisting all around, and the misc items add up in value anyway!

So it's no big deal I just am wondering why it's not working, or what I'm misunderstanding. Thanks again.
Virindi Tank automatically loots unknown scrolls, regardless of your loot profile. You can find this option in Vtank - Options tab - Advanced Options - Looting - ReadUnknownScrolls - False

You can also change it by typing /vt opt set readunknownscrolls false

Not sure about the Lockpick, bob will have to chime in on that
Fraggle wrote:I forgot some questions - is there any possibility vtank will try and charge a mana stone using existing inventory equipment for some weird reason? Anything to watch out for? I don't want my swapped out equipment to get destroyed. It does seem to ignore stuff that was already there, which is good.

Does it only charge stones on stuff it knows it looted? Thanks again.
Correct, it will only charge using items it loots specifically to refill mana stones. It will never use items already in your pack or items that match a loot rule with a higher priority.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #6 »

One of your loot rules is looting lock picks. To find out, select a lock pick that was looted and type /vt testitem. It will tell you which rule you must edit.
Immortalbob of MT