VT Nav assistance

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
icewolf30

VT Nav assistance

Post #1 »

Trying to get NAV routes to work and I am missing something.

I am starting by just creating a simple linear route and my character won't follow it.

SO If I setup a couple way points on the route tab and then enable Navigation, I will just start moving back and forth at the same spot, even though the nav points are several steps away from each other.

Is there away to get the character to turn 180 and then return to the 1st point.

Also if there is a nice tutorial on Nav setup I don't mind trying to learn it.

Thanks

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

linear goes from point 1 to point x, and then backwards from x to 1.
circular goes from point 1 to point x, and then starts at point 1 again.

have you disabled camera turning with mouse or whatever it is called in the AC settings? if not, do so.
Immortalbob of MT

Dmdtt

Post #3 »

icewolf30 wrote: SO If I setup a couple way points on the route tab and then enable Navigation, I will just start moving back and forth at the same spot, even though the nav points are several steps away from each other.
this is likely caused by Follow Nav Min being set too high, make sure it is only 1.5-2

IIRC the chat command to set follow nav min to 1.5 is /vt opt set navclosestoprange .00625

icewolf30

Post #4 »

Yes I turned off camera turning and turned off INvert Mouse setting (just in case)

So here is a simple test I tried. Th8inkin that the character would run back and forth. I maybe off base, trying to learn VT.

Added 3 waypoints. Linear
(1) Point: (42.379N, 33.657E)
(2) Point: (42.386N, 33.679E)
(3) Point: (42.4N, 33.726E)

Enabled Nav, Run Macro. I was standing pretty much on point 1, Character ran to point 2 and then 3. All good for the most part. When it arrived at point 3 it just side stepped left and right over and over.

Dmdtt

Post #5 »

icewolf30 wrote:Yes I turned off camera turning and turned off INvert Mouse setting (just in case)

So here is a simple test I tried. Th8inkin that the character would run back and forth. I maybe off base, trying to learn VT.

Added 3 waypoints. Linear
(1) Point: (42.379N, 33.657E)
(2) Point: (42.386N, 33.679E)
(3) Point: (42.4N, 33.726E)

Enabled Nav, Run Macro. I was standing pretty much on point 1, Character ran to point 2 and then 3. All good for the most part. When it arrived at point 3 it just side stepped left and right over and over.
2 things are absolutely required for nav to work properly

#1 as Immortalbob said above disable camera turning with mouse

#2 make sure you are using the default controls for movement and turning. if you remapped turn to strafe for example you will not be able to use vtank for routing.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #6 »

Dmdtt wrote:#2 make sure you are using the default controls for movement and turning. if you remapped turn to strafe for example you will not be able to use vtank for routing.
yes, this can screw it up too, needs default movement controls
Immortalbob of MT

icewolf30

Post #7 »

Thanks guys. I was wondering of remapping my turn keys and strafe would cause the problem, because it seemed like turning was the issue. I have remapped my keys. I will change them back around for when I need to use the NAV functions.

Appreciate your assistance.