Is there a way to create random variables with vtank meta?

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
tsxmetabot

Is there a way to create random variables with vtank meta?

Post #1 »

First off sorry if this is meant to be posted under Vtank support but this board seemed more populated and plus this is more of a general question rather than technical support.

Virindi is truly a genius and this meta thing is full of possibilities. I was wondering, though, if there is any way to create random variables--like random numbers, to be used with the other functions. Kind of like in other forms of programming where you use variables for various functions with if/then/else statements. Now I think vtank meta has something like THAT already, but is there any way to create truly RANDOM number variables? So we can make states that function on complete random chance?

Sorry if I worded this question in a strange way. It's very late and I'm very tired but I wanted to ask this before I forgot.

tl;dr: basically, is there a way to make random number variables in meta and create states that will function based on what the variable's current value is?

Thanks!

Dmdtt

Post #2 »

yes randint[2] min/max for parameters.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #3 »

tsxmetabot

Post #4 »

Dmdtt wrote:yes randint[2] min/max for parameters.
Thank you guys so much, for some reason I missed the "randint" thing on that page. I SWEAR I've studied that page extensively but I admit I kind of skimmed over it.

THANK YOU SO MUCH THOUGH!

Good lord, the possibilities with meta truly ARE infinite. You could make simple games within AC with it. Unbelievable.

Thank you so much, guys.