Followers taking way too long to follow to leader?

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
NovarisHusky

Followers taking way too long to follow to leader?

Post #1 »

Hey all! Long-time lurker first time poster.

I recently got a new desktop and decided to install / config everything from scratch as far as my plugins and metas go.

I have set up IBControl (Thanks Bob!) with ChaosHelper successfully, everything is nice and configured.

The only problem is, the followers, who are on the same computer, are taking way too long to follow the leader.

I've noticed that if follower A's window is in-focus (active window) they navigate without a hitch, but followers B-D will stagger, stop, and take a LONG time to reach their target.

Is there a setting or a way to get them to follow normally? I have Win10 running, the other computer I had been using was Win8, and never had this problem.

Thanks for reading, hope to get this fixed soon, got a lotta' stuff to do! : )

Cheers,

~Nova

Dmdtt

Post #2 »

you can turn off follow around corners it will mitigate some of that making your characters always run directly at the leader rather than try to follow in their footsteps. another option that helps some is to disable the fps limiter magtools uses, in misc/client set the fps to 60 on every client when not in focus and it does help some.

NovarisHusky

Post #3 »

Gave it a shot, still no change. The computer can handle the memory usage, it's just some setting that I can't find (I think) in Windows 10.

Thanks for the reply. Going to try to find a solution and post back if I find one!

~Nova

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #4 »

are the followers set to boost nav priority? they should be
Immortalbob of MT

NovarisHusky

Post #5 »

Aye, all have Nav Boost on.

It appeared to have worked after a reboot but it was not the case.

Looking at external programs to boost FPS for background windows..

~Nova

Dmdtt

Post #6 »

NovarisHusky wrote:Looking at external programs to boost FPS for background windows..

~Nova
magtools will do that

NovarisHusky

Post #7 »

I've changed the setting multiple times, but the background/not in-focus windows/clients are still bogging down quite a bit.

Still no luck with my particular situation, I'll keep trying things. I'll get this fixed!

~Nova