Broadcast on Loot?

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
ChakronSA

Broadcast on Loot?

Post #1 »

Is it possible to broadcast to fellowship chat when an item is looted? When I'm running around with multiple characters I'd like to know what I've picked up without needing to glance at several different AC Windows every few minutes. Thanks!

bradacc

Post #2 »

If you know what you are looking for you can do an Item Count > 0 rule with a /f action.

ChakronSA

Post #3 »

Right now I'm farming Lucky Gold Letters for new characters. Ideally I can send a message to /f every time a character picks one up.

yaroz

Post #4 »

As bradacc said, pretty much the only way you can do it is if the count is >= a number.. so you can't do it every time you pick one up.. however, like for Pyre Skeleton Jaws... if you set the count to 8, you can have that member of the fellow announce that they're done picking up, and turn on Loot Only Rares.

bradacc

Post #5 »

Have like a dozen separate item counts covering all numbers 1 thru 12 so you get a fresh trigger on each pickup, and then /mt give them all to your main and reset Yaroz?

yaroz

Post #6 »

Someone had mentioned something like this in another thread as well. I'm not a fan of creating XX number of rules to count items. I'm actually working on planning something for scenarios like this (though I don't know how it would work in this case)..

Basically.. a vtank helper type plugin that will allow you to do a /checkinv <item> or /checkinv *item, and it will check your inventory for the item (* is wildcard for stuff like Empyrean Rings) sets a variable with the number of items that vtank can check against.

I guess in this instance, you can set a check variable (varLGLCount), then set up a timer, and have it do a /checkinv Lucky Gold Letter, then it will set the plugin variable, and compare it against varLGLCount. If it's larger, do a /f, then set the varLGLCount to same as the plugin variable.

But.. as I said.. I'm just planning right now. I haven't even opened Visual Studio to start working on it. haha

Joeblow8579

Post #7 »

While you're in VS, can you please fix AmmoGimp?

Pretty please?

yaroz

Post #8 »

hah.. It'll probably take me a year to remember how to program a plugin. :)