Installed MagTools and it hosed my VT looting

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
HittingSmoke

Installed MagTools and it hosed my VT looting

Post #1 »

Hi. I recently got back into AC and have been using VTank + lootsnob to loot.

Yesterday I installed MagTools simply to monitor statistics about loot/hr and evade/resist % as I'm working on my defense skills.

It wreaked havoc on my looting. It kept trying to loot eater jaws a half dozen times while I had a cooldown before blacklisting on EVERY corpse. I fixed this by disabling looting in MagTools but it didn't fix my issue entirely. Looting is still completely borked.

Something is still looting items that I don't want and VTClassic is no longer salvaging loot.

A Gold Lorica Helm with nothing at all special about it. A handfull of minors on armor and jewlery. I've tested these items using /vt testitem and it says they will not be looted. Things that should be looted and salvaged by VTClassic are being looted but not salvaged.

The thing is, this is still going on with MagTools disabled in decal. It is not in my toolbar. However it's somehow still looting and breaking VTClassic salvaging. I even tried completely removing it from decal. Still looting this nonsense and I can't get it to stop.

How can I restore this back to the way it was? Ideally I'd like to be able to still use MagTools but if it won't play nice with VTClassic I would rather do without it.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

is lootsnob still the profile listed in vtank?

could the errant items be things looted as say mana tanks that vtank failed to drain of mana?
Immortalbob of MT

HittingSmoke

Post #3 »

Immortalbob wrote:is lootsnob still the profile listed in vtank?

could the errant items be things looted as say mana tanks that vtank failed to drain of mana?
Nope. Running /vt testitem says that they should not be looted at all. And the amount of them is extreme. Definitely more than would be reasonable for mana tanks. I had to disable looting because it's filling up my inventory very quickly. Before installing MagTools this was not the case.

I can tell there's still some sort of conflict because when I run /vt testitem on a bit of steel that should have been salvaged VT says it should be looted and salvaged but it wasn't. This is with MagTools completely uninstalled from Decal.

I reinstalled MagTools to double check the settings and auto looting and auto salvaging still says it's disabled.

The only thing I can think of to fix this is to completely remove Decal and all my plugins then reinstall. I'm hoping there's another way though so I don't have to go setting up VTank again.

HittingSmoke

Post #4 »

Missed your first question.. Yes. Lootsnob is still the profile loaded. I even tried unloading it and reloading it. No luck.

HittingSmoke

Post #5 »

It appears you were right. They were mostly mana tanks. I didn't realize /vt testitem wouldn't flag them.

I completely wiped my VTank profile. It solved all of the issues and set things back to normal. I re-installed MagTools and things worked fine. VTClassic started salvaging again. Then I restored my old VTank profile and now salvage is being looted but not salvaged again.

So something involving MagTools affected my VTank profile which is why it persisted after uninstalling. I've dug through all the advanced options and I can't find one that seems like it would have any effect on this.

HittingSmoke

Post #6 »

Sorry for the string of posts. Got a bit more information.

So I decided this wasn't worth my time to mess with anymore so I just deleted my VTank profile and started fresh. Everything worked. I tweaking my profile again with things like blacklist timers. Nothing related to looting or salvaging other than the retry for failed pickup blacklist number. Then I got lootsnob loaded. Then I installed MagTools again.

And as soon as I logged in and started the macro after reinstalling lootsnob it started uncontrollably looting mana tanks again.

Without uninstalling MagTools I deleted my VTank profile again to start fresh. It stopped looting mana tanks but still won't salvage.

It would seem that every time I do a fresh install of MagTools on a profile that isn't completely unmodified it does something to my VTank profile causing it to cram my inventory with mana tanks which I can not pin down. No matter what, with MagTools installed, even with every option in Mag disabled, VTClassic will not salvage loot.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #7 »

are you running alinco, or gearfoundry? or maybe some other plugin that could be potentially screwing things up? post a decal export.
Immortalbob of MT

HittingSmoke

Post #8 »

Immortalbob wrote:are you running alinco, or gearfoundry? or maybe some other plugin that could be potentially screwing things up? post a decal export.
Nope. Literally the only plugins I've installed are the VT bundle and Mag-Tools. Problems only pop up after Mag-Tools is installed and they don't go away when it's uninstalled until the VT profile is deleted.

Here's the Decal export:

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #9 »

i've never heard of magtools hosing vt profiles before...

weird quesiton, is your magtools installed in the vtank dir?

[mention]Hellswrath[/mention]
Immortalbob of MT

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #10 »

Adding this link in case it is solved on reddit.

Immortalbob of MT