Installed MagTools and it hosed my VT looting

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
HittingSmoke

Post #11 »

Immortalbob wrote:i've never heard of magtools hosing vt profiles before...

weird quesiton, is your magtools installed in the vtank dir?

[mention]Hellswrath[/mention]
The DLL is at C:/Games/VirindiPlugins/MagTools.dll. When I remove and reinstall Mag-Tools it saves all the settings I had checked or unchecked in the options but I don't see where this information is being saved. Even a complete uninstall and reinstall of Decal did not wipe my Mag-Tool settings. Do you know where Decal saves this data?

Since I've been sitting here it's done something interesting. The only salvage VTClassic is set to loot is steel, brass, and green garnet. I looted three green garnet gems that did not get salvaged. However there was another GG item salvaged, as well as some steel. I didn't catch that happening in real time.

One of the gems:

+((Salv) Green Garnet) Green Garnet Gem, Craft 6, Value 1,330, BU 5

/vt testitem:
[VTank] TestItem: Item "Green Garnet Gem" will be salvaged (matched rule "(Salv) Green Garnet").

I'm not sure why some items are being salvaged and others aren't. The gems are all below the 1000 mana tank threshold.

I'm going to keep an eye on it for a few minutes until I loot some more salvage to see what happens.

Eventually if I can't get it resolved I'm going to try this:
  1. Remove Mag-Tools and reinstall VT with a fresh profile
  2. Verify looting is working correctly and backup profile
  3. Install Mag-Tools
  4. Test and backup profile
  5. Customize profile to my usual specs
  6. Test looting and backup profile
  7. Remove Mag-Tools
  8. Test looting and backup profile
Hopefully a diff of the profiles at each step along with pinning down exactly when it breaks will give some idea.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #12 »

take magtools out of the virindi plugins dir, could be causing a problem.
Immortalbob of MT