VTank and Spectral Chill arrows

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Joeblow8579

VTank and Spectral Chill arrows

Post #1 »

Has anyone else noticed that vtank doesn't know how to unbundle spectral chill arrows? It's the only alt currency arrow it won't use, and it's super annoying.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

/vt opt set UseSpecialAmmo 3

UseSpecialAmmo [0/1/2/3]: Specifies whether the macro should craft and use special ammunition types. "Raider" indicates Raider Lightning ammo, and "SCurrency" indicates ammo from Colosseum, Graveyard, and Paradox-touched Olthoi Infested Area.
0 = None, 1 = Raider, 2 = SCurrency, 3 = Both

Joeblow8579

Post #3 »

HellsWrath wrote:/vt opt set UseSpecialAmmo 3

UseSpecialAmmo [0/1/2/3]: Specifies whether the macro should craft and use special ammunition types. "Raider" indicates Raider Lightning ammo, and "SCurrency" indicates ammo from Colosseum, Graveyard, and Paradox-touched Olthoi Infested Area.
0 = None, 1 = Raider, 2 = SCurrency, 3 = Both
I have it set to both, yet it still doesn't unpack spectral chill arrow bundles. I've tried it on multiple toons.

Dmdtt

Post #4 »

I believe its a known issue, I know I brought it up on a few occasions over the years to V but imo it is not a very significant problem. generally speaking if you want vtank to unbundle the arrows then that usually means you have fletching. not in every case is this true but I am sure in a large majority it is. for those instances just use prismatic arrows with a frost bow the damage loss is fairly low % and it saves the hassle of having a potentially 5k burden item in your pack that you rarely use after the bundle is unpacked.

Joeblow8579

Post #5 »

Dmdtt wrote:I believe its a known issue, I know I brought it up on a few occasions over the years to V but imo it is not a very significant problem. generally speaking if you want vtank to unbundle the arrows then that usually means you have fletching. not in every case is this true but I am sure in a large majority it is. for those instances just use prismatic arrows with a frost bow the damage loss is fairly low % and it saves the hassle of having a potentially 5k burden item in your pack that you rarely use after the bundle is unpacked.
That's what I've been doing, but it means carrying around prismatics, which I don't carry for any other reason. I wish VI would just fix it :)

Dmdtt

Post #6 »

tbh I don't see much of a reason to use anything but prismatic arrows in nearly any circumstance. the only time I ever find myself using something else is ghosts in colo I switch to fire arrows with SB bow, any other time tho I just use prismatic arrows and swap weapons. the loss in variance is almost non existent while fighting in groups because more often than not I am using CS weapons which get very little benefit from higher low end dmg. and solo usually I am just macroing which if I have to switch weapons often means that it takes an extra .5s each switch in order to swap arrows as well which adds up over time and cancel's out most of the benefit from having a slightly higher variance on non critical hits.

edit: not to mention it is easy to setup a automatic recomp for prismatic arrows while it can be a bit trickier for alt currency arrows.

Joeblow8579

Post #7 »

Dmdtt wrote:tbh I don't see much of a reason to use anything but prismatic arrows in nearly any circumstance. the only time I ever find myself using something else is ghosts in colo I switch to fire arrows with SB bow, any other time tho I just use prismatic arrows and swap weapons. the loss in variance is almost non existent while fighting in groups because more often than not I am using CS weapons which get very little benefit from higher low end dmg. and solo usually I am just macroing which if I have to switch weapons often means that it takes an extra .5s each switch in order to swap arrows as well which adds up over time and cancel's out most of the benefit from having a slightly higher variance on non critical hits.

edit: not to mention it is easy to setup a automatic recomp for prismatic arrows while it can be a bit trickier for alt currency arrows.
I should have mentioned that I have trained but not specialized Fletching. In my mind, there is absolutely no reason to specialize Fletching when you have alternate currency ammo available. Especially when the best missile template doesn't leave room for it.

http://ac.ranta.info/charplan/?s=Summon ... _r=1&s_o=1

Fire_Chimp

Post #8 »

You don't need fletching for the spectral chill arrows. Can you put them into consumables and unpack them that way?

Fire_Chimp

Post #9 »

Never mind.

bradacc

Post #10 »

Joeblow8579 wrote:Especially when the best missile template doesn't leave room for it.

http://ac.ranta.info/charplan/?s=Summon ... _r=1&s_o=1
Dump Life and get the 8 spells on your armor :)