VTank and Hecatombs

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Joeblow8579

VTank and Hecatombs

Post #1 »

Is there any way to get vtank to use hecatombs without it trying to use drain health spells along with them?

In the Gauntlet, for example, you can drain the Shadows for health but not the Burun or Tundra Tuskers, yet I want to use hecatombs/raven's fury on all three. Setting vtank to "Drain Auto" uses hecatombs properly but then also tries to drain back health, putting it into an endless loop of casting drain health on a monster who is immune and thus resists it every time.

The only way I could think of to prevent that endless loop from happening is to delete the drain spells from my spellbook, but I'd like a better solution if there is one. Anyone know a better way to configure vtank for those spawns in the Gauntlet?

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

deleting drains/harms was the solution we came up with on morningthaw...
Immortalbob of MT

Dmdtt

Post #3 »

fairly certain you don't need to delete drain spells, just harm if you set vtank to Harm dmg type and delete harm spells it wont use drains at all and only cast hetacomb. also if you do this and select ring spells it will use tugak but tbh I don't recommend letting a bot do this as there is no way currently with meta to detect position of other players.

Joeblow8579

Post #4 »

Sounds good, I will try out Harm with deleted harm type spells. Drain health is at least theoretically useful whereas Harm is useless to me.

I sort of miss the day when drain health (or martyr mages in general) was a viable attack method, but that's the 1999 in me talking.

Virindi

Post #5 »

Try setting damage type to "Harm" and UseArcs to False.

Joeblow8579

Post #6 »

Thanks V, appreciate the response. I had no idea UseArcs controlled whether or not it used Harm vs Hecatomb spells. I'd ended up setting "Harm" and had deleted Harm spells from my spellbook, which works fine. I can't think of the last time I used a Harm spell for anything important.

On another note, any chance you can update vtank to properly open spectral chill arrow bundles? Pretty please?

Virindi

Post #7 »

Yes, for the harm damagetype hecatomb is a "bolt" and harm is an "arc". Drain health is the "vuln" and Curse of Raven Fury is the "ring".

So like arcs vs. bolts, it will first look at the highest level option and then if you have both go to the UseArcs setting to see which has a higher priority.