VTank Installation Issue

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Scyon

VTank Installation Issue

Post #1 »

I have been having issues installing the Virindi Bundle and am looking for some expert help.

I can get VTank to run and I can utilize some thing (Virindi Follower, VTank in general) but I cannot use metas or other plug-ins like Magtools. Also, the Virindi auto-updater crashes my client so I have to run with it unchecked.

Basically, I get a bunch of "vgwget" errors when I install the Virindi Bundle. I have installed, uninstalled, used the cleaners, and reinstalled twice now.

Any thoughts/ suggestions?

Here are some screen pics of when the installer crashes...there is a total of 17 crashes...
Attachments
Eigth Error.jpg
Eigth Error.jpg (429.99 KiB) Viewed 7318 times
First Error.jpg
First Error.jpg (109.61 KiB) Viewed 7318 times

Scyon

Post #2 »

Third Error.jpg
Third Error.jpg (448.5 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
Second Error.jpg
Second Error.jpg (430.58 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
Third Error.jpg
Third Error.jpg (448.5 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
Fourth Error.jpg
Fourth Error.jpg (466.17 KiB) Viewed 7317 times

Scyon

Post #3 »

Fifth Error.jpg
Fifth Error.jpg (466.17 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
Sixth Error.jpg
Sixth Error.jpg (466.17 KiB) Viewed 7317 times
Seventh Error.jpg
Seventh Error.jpg (404.28 KiB) Viewed 7317 times

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Nauti wrote:I came across this thread because I was having the EXACT same problem and I managed to solve it. yes the VGW was crashing during the install of VTank. So here is what I did:

1. Turned off Windows Firewall (temporarily)
2. Uninstalled EVERYTHING AC related (Decal, plugins etc)
3. Deleted all the folders
4. Ran the VVC Cleaner as mentioned above.
5. Ran regedit and went into the registry and searched (using File or Edit -> Find) for Decal.
6. Deleted ALL folders and keys with Decal.
7. Installed AC.
8. Installed Decal.
9. Installed Virindi Bundle.

and it worked! Best of luck. and hopefully this helps someone else. I've never posted here b4 but I figured I had to share this.
You can skip #5 and #6 by running the DecalRegistryCleaner I provided you earlier today.
Don't reinstall AC, that is unlikely to solve anything in this regard.

If that doesn't work then this may be worth noting
VN Board Archive wrote:vgwget is simply renamed from wget. wget was originally designed on linux but then ported to windows, it is used for retrieving files from another server. Something is causing that file to error out, [firewall - 3rd party or windows firewall and/or antivirus software) are the likely suspects.

It is possible your router could be causing a problem with wget from retrieving files, try plugging your modem directly to your computer just to eliminate the router being an issue. Some routers have been known to cause problems with wget on linux.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #5 »

could this be due to the integrator server being down?
Immortalbob of MT

Scyon

Post #6 »

Don't think so. Been back in game 3 months and it hasn't worked at all in that time.

I followed Wrath's guidance: uninstalled everything a couple times, reinstalling it, turning off my firewall, uninstalling my antivirus, even connecting directly to my modem, but to no avail. Not sure what my issue is but it seems my computer will not or cannot link up and get the VTank updates.

Could this be an issue based on me running Windows 7? I installed everything as an admin.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #7 »

No, the windows installation is pretty much irrelevant, you can play on XP through 10