Microsoft Framework

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Pol

Microsoft Framework

Post #1 »

When I log in I get within a few min a message from Microsoft Framework that the process cannot access the file.
See screenshot
fout framework.jpg
fout framework.jpg (66.4 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
I need to click continou because when I don't I get disconnected after a few minutes.
After I got this message about 5-10 times it stops and I can play normally.

At the same time Castaway will not work anymore. When I put that on I come to the startscreen but when I try to log in AC stops working.
Because this problem came at the same time maybe it is conncected to each other?
I am not a computerfreak, can solve small problems but have no clue here.

I reinstalled/repaired Microsoft Framework, and reinstalled Castaway, no difference.

Anyone have a clue?
It costs nothing to be nice

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Is it always the same file causing the disruption? (Game_4148.txt) If so, try renaming that file temporarily...also, open it up and copy the text in it here.

If the file itself isnt causing the problem, can you expand the error window so we can see all the text? seems to be related to thwarg's launcher...

paging dr [mention]Thwargle[/mention]
Immortalbob of MT

Pol

Post #3 »

No I got every time another number.txt

I reinstalled Twarglelauncer and that worked :D
Problem solved

Castaway is still crashing, going to try a fresh reinstall
It costs nothing to be nice

Thwargle

Post #4 »

I'm glad that you got it working. That error is related to the launcher for sure.

That text file is written to let the launcher know that there is an AC client with that process ID. This is used so if the launcher is closed and re-opened, it is aware that the account is already running and won't try to run it again when you click 'launch'.

Not sure why you were having a read/write error, but if it's working; good :)

Keep me posted if it does that again.