Thoughts on a Computer to run multi accounts

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
RcCarGuy

Thoughts on a Computer to run multi accounts

Post #1 »

Im curious what everyone is running to play multi accounts with . What CPU is needed to run 5+ accounts on 1 computer with and run really smooth . I think a old Intel Celeron Dual core should run 3 accounts smoothly i guess . Any help would be great . Also is it just CPU or would it also need over 8g of ram ?

RcCarGuy

Post #2 »

LOL ok after putting in the right words in a search i think i found what i was looking for as a answer on the CPU . I am still not sure what is better RAM memory or GPU memory ?

Goobernut

Post #3 »

I was playing on an PC with an i5 CPU and 8 GIG of ram and found that 5 clients were fine... but eventually got 8 accounts and with 8 GIG ram I could only successfully keep 6 clients online consistently with out one or more being disconnected. I got myself a PC with an AMD A8 CPU with 16 GIG of ram really cheap and I can now leave 8 clients logged on for days at a time.

So in my opinion and current experience with the 2 PC's think that anything over 6 clients, 16 gig is needed. Ram is super cheap now as well.

Oh and the new set up has a 250 GIG SSD hard drive as well and notice load times of the game is greatly improved :-)
Last edited by Goobernut on July 5th, 2016, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Goobernut wrote:I was playing on an PC with an i5 CPU and 8 GIG of ram and found that 5 clients were fine... but eventually got 8 accounts and with 8 GIG ram I could only successfully keep 6 clients online consistently with out one or more being disconnected. I got myself a PC with an AMD A8 CPU with 16 GIG of ram really cheap and I can now leave 8 clients logged on for days at a time.

So in my opinion and current experience with the 2 PC's think that anything over 6 clients and 16 gig is needed. ram is super cheap now as well. Oh and the new set up has a 250 GIG SSD hard drive as well and notice load times of the game is greatly improved :-)
Pretty much this ^
Immortalbob of MT

RcCarGuy

Post #5 »

Hey thanks guys i picked up a Dell I3 4thgen 1.9 ghz laptop BRAND NEW from wally world today had 6gb of ram and to be honest i was SHOCKED it will atelast LOAD 6 accounts in arwic no problems .... Im loading up all my decal and Vtank stuff now . Will test again but its seem for less than $60 i can bump thsi thing up to 16gb of ram will be heading to the store tomorrow ....

I have found a i5 3.3ghz 2nd gen used DIRT CHEAP ... Im thinking of buying it bump the ram from 4 to 16 on it also as a second ..

Also I am looking into the SSD hard drives but I will have to do some reading to understand how to transfer all my stuff from the old HDD to the SSD . may swap the one in the laptop first .. Is it very hard to do that ???

Thanks for the help I do try and learn and listen to others .

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #6 »

Easiest way to do it would be to get a ssd, and an external drive enclosure. Then clone the internal drive to your new ssd with software like Acronis. The ssd I purchased recently came with a license for it.

Once the drive is cloned, you should be able to remove the internal drive and replace it, should be only a few screws.
Immortalbob of MT

Joeblow8579

Post #7 »

Once you use a computer with an SSD, you'll never go back to a spinning disk again. Ideally, you'd want a PCIe SSD, but no low end PC laptop (and few high end ones) come with PCIe SSDs.

RcCarGuy

Post #8 »

hey thanks for the help guys I bought 2 8gb memory strips for the laptop adn its great . I found a pny ssd cheap enough so I have it ordered . Oh and bob the guy from newegg said that the pny ssd comes with a clone program also free of charge .. he sold me a usb cable that he says to use and hook it up to the machine and the software will do the rest . Cant wait to see how this thing does with new ssd on portal loads ...

yaroz

Post #9 »

If you want to get the fastest speeds from a SSD, you'll have to change the disk type to achi or something like that.. but that will require a reinstall of the OS. You probably wouldn't notice the speed difference between the two types though.

RcCarGuy

Post #10 »

Oh lord I dont want to reinstall everything LOL i just got all the updates finished for it ..... Do i need to do that for real ????