Ongoing looting issues

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Coffindodger

Ongoing looting issues

Post #1 »

Hi all

Just wondering if someone can help or sugest anything I can do here.

About 3 months ago I started getting an issue out of the blue where my character got stuck in a busy loop when looting. The corpse was open and the loot item faded as if to be picked up, but the character would just stand there doing nothing. The yellow top of the screen text just flashes "busy". Eventually the character will die, end up at the lifestone and still have the busy message. Only way out of this is to disconnect from the game.

I have removed ( uninstalled ) everything and done a "clean removal and install" from Decal through to VT and only installed plugins one at a time and the problem still persists.

The only plugins I use are VT, Mag Tools and Make-It!, IBcontrol, Chaoshelper and on occassion Castaway bot ( the updated version ). I use lootsnob as my looting template and although I have a few metas it happens with or without these running. The problem stated before i began using Chaoshelper, IBcontrol and castaway.

All my progs are uptodate, I am running Windows 10 on a PC that runs all games in ultimate mode as far as graphics and processing power is concerned.

I have turned off mag tools mana re charge and stacking in VT as some people suggested this was the problem but still it persists. I have also stopped using beers as someone suggested that this also has an issue, but still no joy.

There does not seem to be anything wrong as far as the type of loot is concerned, as it happens on all loot types, and there is no set frequency either. It can happen 10 mins into a session or 5 hours into it.

I would be grateful if anyone could help out with this as it's doing my head in :mrgreen:

CD

Dmdtt

Post #2 »

only thing I can think of right away is make sure magtools is set to NOT loot anything except maybe chests. let vtank handle all looting sometimes if both try to loot an item at same time I can lock your character up like that.

Coffindodger

Post #3 »

Thanks I'll try that and see what happens.

I had forgotten that mag tools had the loot feature so hopefully it's a conflict arising from both being active.

CD

Coffindodger

Post #4 »

Just wanted to report my thanks as this has solved my problem.

Many thanks

CD