rules in the monster tab

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Goobernut

rules in the monster tab

Post #1 »

I couldn't find this on VT help pages but it could have been right in front of me (nothing surprises me) :-)

When making a monster rule for a critter species with a space in the name do you have to use an underspace when the space would normally be?

Viamontian Knight for example as Viamontian_Knight or can I just do species==Viamontian

Been having issues with VT picking totally wrong weapon types for creatures if I let it just auto pick a weapon... like an Assault weapon, or Olthio slayer for Viamontian Knight's ... and then it chooses a blunt rend weapon for an Olthio, so trying to build a decent .usd file for each of my main toons

cheers

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

I believe use a space, no underscore...

You might be having weird occurrences because some viamontian creatures are the Viamontian species, some are the Viamontian Knight species...
Immortalbob of MT

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #3 »

Immortalbob wrote:I believe use a space, no underscore...

You might be having weird occurrences because some viamontian creatures are the Viamontian species, some are the Viamontian Knight species...
You do use an underscore for species names that contain a space

species==Viamontian_Knight

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Huh...ok...I stand corrected
Immortalbob of MT

bradacc

Post #5 »

However monster names do not use underscores, correct? That's how the AutoColoFinalV5 profile is set up anyways.