Ghosting and Navigation bugging

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
ozshadow

Ghosting and Navigation bugging

Post #1 »

I have been using Multiclient to run 8 accounts - 4 on two computers. I somewhat regularly encounter ghost mobs and occasionally my nav route completely bugs in a dungeon and a character will run at the wall. I just assumed the nav bug was due to looting something a few steps too far off the route. I lowered the ghost mob setting to 25 attempts to compensate.

Does this sound like a port issue instead? Should I set each client 25 apart ?

Currently 1 computer is setup to run on 9000, 9005, 9010, & 9015 and the second runs 9020, 9030, 9040, & 9050.

Aside from the noted issues, it works well.

I want to get these errors worked out before I try to learn how to use the chaos commander plugins and any other vtank commands to actually do something with my characters besides watch them run a blue line. (BTW - Is there a guide for multi character management?)

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

There is no guide for multi-character management, Everyone has different play-styles, objectives and needs.

You should absolutely set your ports 25 apart.
With ports overlapping you can have very strange things happen like sending a chat message and seeing it come from a different character name, or clicking logout and a different character logs out.

If your character is running in to a wall in a dungeon and is a melee, he didn't "bug out", he simply got drug around a corner by a mob and is trying to get back to his route, but got stuck. That's what meta Watchdog rules are for.

ozshadow

Post #3 »

Thank you. None of these were melee. 7 mages and 1 missile.

I only run the nav route I created which was just a linear route ran back and forth - one time basically covers all areas of a dungeon. I have yet to explore creating or incorporating that into a meta.

I searched for watchdog rules, but did not find anything.

I read about adding a stopwatch. Would this basically be starting it in a meta, loading the nav route and checking the time somehow once the route has ran once then resetting it?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

You're overthinking it, there is no need for a stopwatch.

http://www.virindi.net/wiki/index.php/V ... eta_System

ctrl+f watchdog

ozshadow

Post #5 »

I reviewed the links, but I guess I really do not understand this at all.

ozshadow

Post #6 »

I see the action is "Set Watchdog"

What I do not understand is how to implement it. It is not detailed anywhere. From the description it would appear it is set in something like the default fighting state and if a character does not move, somehow a second state would be implemented. How this second state is implemented is not clear.

Do you have an example?

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #7 »

The Caul Rambler meta (rare boss hunting) has a watchdog you can look at for reference

It's detailed in the Notes section.

http://www.immortalbob.com/phpBB3/viewt ... ?f=6&t=190