Gauntlet Fellow Exploit

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Dmdtt

Post #11 »

think of it this way each time you split the fellow you add 8 additional spots in the fellowship free. so after 3 splits you have 25 spots after 4 splits you have you have 33 spots. the first split yields 17 because you already have 1 fellow and are adding 1 more to it. by the time I am done and ready to recruit 28-35 people I end up with leader + 4-5 glitch recruited people in fellow then I am able to recruit 7 people for each person that was recruited using the glitch.

Hotdogface

Post #12 »

These are the instructions I wrote on this exploit back almost a year ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/826 ... 20copy.rtf

Hopefully its helpful. Ty Dmdtt for sharing your finding on this. Maybe I'll give it another try using what you have found.

Hotdogface

Post #13 »

Hotdogface wrote:These are the instructions I wrote on this exploit back almost a year ago.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/826 ... 20copy.rtf

Hopefully its helpful. Ty Dmdtt for sharing your finding on this. Maybe I'll give it another try using what you have found.

as a warning this probably has some in-accurate things in it.

Dmdtt

Post #14 »

your explanation relies on a meta that uses Vtank autofellow management to work which is insanity. sure it will work eventually but leaving it that much to chance is just silly, especially when you can take firmer control of the timing by simply sending /mt fellow recruit commands. id bet using mt fellow recruit with just 2 recruiting pairs every time id get a split before the 8 pairs using vtank could. the reason for this is I only rely on synchronizing 1 chat message trigger at a time while your method requires 2 to be sync'd perfectly then on top of that using vtank fellow management which can take anywhere between 0.25s and 1.25s to recruit a person depending on server conditions and how many clients you are personally running etc.

Hotdogface

Post #15 »

Dmdtt wrote:your explanation relies on a meta that uses Vtank autofellow management to work which is insanity. sure it will work eventually but leaving it that much to chance is just silly, especially when you can take firmer control of the timing by simply sending /mt fellow recruit commands. id bet using mt fellow recruit with just 2 recruiting pairs every time id get a split before the 8 pairs using vtank could. the reason for this is I only rely on synchronizing 1 chat message trigger at a time while your method requires 2 to be sync'd perfectly then on top of that using vtank fellow management which can take anywhere between 0.25s and 1.25s to recruit a person depending on server conditions and how many clients you are personally running etc.

Very True. I was using ali chat while all the clients and friends clients were running the meta that tells the paired character xp for a recruit. With 8 characters asking to get into a fellowship at the same time eventually it would break and result in 10 people in fellowship.

But I would have to spam ali chat with a !command. and it would take many many tries and allot of help to manage that many accounts with mumble.

I dont fully understand your method but I'll give it a shot maybe this weekend!

Dmdtt

Post #16 »

my method is similar except instead of relying on 2 chat triggers and vtank management, leader sends command recruiters react and send a /mt fellow recruit action, this reduces the amount of possible variables in recruitment and shortens the number of attempts required by quite a bit I imagine.

diazm

Post #17 »

bradacc wrote:2 Questions;
1: How do people figure this stuff out?
2: Anyone on FF plan on taking advantage of this? I'd love to get some green and purple society bands :)

Edi group is always looking for people msg him

In3bitabl3

Post #18 »

How does this explot effect XP generation? Could you have a group of 100 people farming SV at 28% shared XP and luminance?

Dmdtt

Post #19 »

it very quickly drops to 0%, besides only leader is in fellow larger than 9 players technically.

Fire_Chimp

Post #20 »

The free pass at the end, I would assume the way xurr explained it, is its a totally different fellow. Is that right?

Also what seems to be the right number of toons/split that guarantees a win?