Gauntlet Fellow Exploit

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Dmdtt

Post #21 »

there is no guaranteed number to win, our groups best time was 11minutes with 16 characters, and with nearly the same group of 16 we lost the next go around with 42 players. past 30 or so additional fighters start causing quite a bit of lag which will drag down your group overall. all in all I suggest having at least 16 players with over 35D rating with proper templates, dispel gems, and spectral rares with decent equipment. this will give you a decent chance. also make sure to use a decent monster list on all characters to sync debuffs and have dps target already debuffed targets. aside from that drthunder made an excellent gauntlet guide on AC forums that details spawns for each room and recommended weapons. https://www.asheronscall.com/en/forums/ ... t=gauntlet

and yes you will want an entire new fellow as the previous fellow was locked and there is a 20hr timer for gauntlet rewards.

bradacc

Post #22 »

Just wanted to drop a note to say thanks for putting up the info on this! Last night I was able to write a meta that got me an overmax fellowship in ~30 seconds. Now it's off to the colosseum, and then the gauntlet!

Dmdtt

Post #23 »

bradacc wrote:Just wanted to drop a note to say thanks for putting up the info on this! Last night I was able to write a meta that got me an overmax fellowship in ~30 seconds. Now it's off to the colosseum, and then the gauntlet!
best of luck! let me know your best time in colo aswell if you use this exploit lol, currently best ive been able to do is 15 man with 36minutes left at the end of the run.

Joeblow8579

Post #24 »

Is anybody willing to share their meta for making the bugged fellowship? I tried to implement it but have not had any luck with it so far.

Thanks in advance for any help!

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #25 »

If we were going to release a meta there wouldn't be extensive instructions for how to do it yourself.

Joeblow8579

Post #26 »

I don't think it was a ridiculous request, honestly. I don't mind trying to do something myself, but if somebody else has done it (and has more experience coding metas) then why not help others out? That's more or less what has sustained AC's Decal/plugin development over the past 17 years.

Anyway, I'll keep trying to get it to work.

Fire_Chimp

Post #27 »

I don't see why you need a meta to do this. I have 2 computers. What I do is have 2 toons in the Colo or I guess it can be any dungeon, and then 2 at the mansion. Open up fellowship panel on both of the recruiters and then select the toons to be recruited (be surprised how many times I forget to do this) press and hold the recruit button on both computers and when ready release and usually within 3 attempts I have both toons recruited. I would say less then 15 seconds. Very simple

Our biggest issue was finding out it worked best with 1 inside dungeon and 1 on landscape.

Joeblow8579

Post #28 »

Not all of us have two computers. Doing it without a meta with one computer and multiple clients logged in is near impossible.

Doing it with two computers and keyboards right next to each other is relatively easy, but that's not my situation. On LC we have a husband/wife duo that can do it easily, but they don't run gauntlet runs as often as I'd like. I'd like for more people to be able to easily create the bugged fellowships.

Dmdtt

Post #29 »

Fire_Chimp wrote:I don't see why you need a meta to do this. I have 2 computers. What I do is have 2 toons in the Colo or I guess it can be any dungeon, and then 2 at the mansion. Open up fellowship panel on both of the recruiters and then select the toons to be recruited (be surprised how many times I forget to do this) press and hold the recruit button on both computers and when ready release and usually within 3 attempts I have both toons recruited. I would say less then 15 seconds. Very simple

Our biggest issue was finding out it worked best with 1 inside dungeon and 1 on landscape.
why do something by hand when you can eliminate the human variable and have it automated?

doog

Post #30 »

Hi all - learning meta stuff and putting it to use around this subject threat. I have ten doogs, and I want a META way to:
track an array of names/role.
create an array of doogs
Identify with a static list of names, each role.
where role is one of leader, invitor, invitee/participant.
Use meta states and the roles to command teh other doogs to come to a spot, get fellowed, and select others.
listen to my working "!recruit" command
and have the leader react to even/odd numbers of those joined, loop, etc.
-----------

Is there support for an array type in the meta system? Any examples I can pore over?

Looking for some direction/tips/suggestions on two things please:

1. I'm thinking on how to tracking names of participants when added to a fellow. Easy enough to watch chat and react to "X has joined". I don't know the meta system well enough though to have an expectation of array or linked list support. What should I go and learn to be able to track a list of participants? Then I'd like to be able to use that (say array), and reference names within

2. creating a method to then make decisions and dismiss people in the (see (1) above) data from the fellow. Am I headed towards using /mt click and smacking the dismiss button for this thought? maybe I'm just not seeing a tool/mod that's useful (and am trying to not add any if I can avoid).

thx
Doog

* https://magtools.codeplex.com/documentation: /mt get xy (gets the current cursor x y coordinates) and /mt click [X] [Y]