Gauntlet Fellow Exploit

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Dmdtt

Gauntlet Fellow Exploit

Post #1 »

I will try to keep this as simple as possible, first off i will not be providing a fellow exploit meta, if you want to host a gauntlet run you need to make them for yourself.

Now thats out of the way here is how the exploit works.

Fill a fellow to 8 people then have 2 players invite 2 other players at the exact same moment in time. the result of this will be a split fellow.

Step One- Create Fellow and fill to 8 players

Step Two- Recruit 2 players in the same moment in time until both players are added to fellowship. Make sure both recruiters and recruited are in separate landblocks from each other or this can take a very long time. in the leaders fellowship pane when this happens you will see 10 players in fellow

Step Three- Confirm on the 2 recruited players that they are both in the fellow

Step Four- Kick the original 7 players in the fellow leaving just the leader and the 2 that were bug recruited

Step Five- have the 2 recruited players invite 7 players each

Step Six- to add more players past 17 repeat steps One through Five as many times as desired (warning past 100 or so leader may get kicked from game due to fellowship panel being open)

Setting this up for meta can be somewhat tricky here is one of the many possible methods.

Leader Sends !recruit command

Recruiters react off !recruit and use chatExpression \/mt fellow recruit +wobjectgetname[wobjectgetselection[]]
for this if you use the same chars to split fellow each time you can set names but i prefer to use selected target instead

Leader then has a condition where he looks for each of the 2 chars to be recruited and reacts off that to add +1 to a Variable I called SplitCount for each char recruited

Chat: CharOne is now a member of your Fellowship. ExprAct setvar[SplitCount, getvar[SplitCount]+1]
Chat: CharTwo is now a member of your Fellowship. ExprAct setvar[SplitCount, getvar[SplitCount]+1]

using this variable when it reaches getvar[SplitCount]==2 you know both have been recruited at the same time

in order to keep this on a repeating loop for when it fails(which it will often) after 2s have passed in this state and getvar[SplitCount]<2 reset the state and clearallvars[] which will auto send the recruit command again and so on and so forth.

Also upon failure send !fail command from the leader which you react on recruited chars only to leave the fellow automatically

and that's it, if you have any questions feel free to post below I will try to answer to the best of my abilities.

bradacc

Post #2 »

2 Questions;
1: How do people figure this stuff out?
2: Anyone on FF plan on taking advantage of this? I'd love to get some green and purple society bands :)

Dmdtt

Post #3 »

I haven't a clue how to original person figured it out, who knows maybe this has been around for ages. I think the exploit stems back for quite some time possibly as long as this game has been around. if you notice when you split the fellow the first time and have 10 people in fellow it actually shows a diff shared xp % for everyone I think its 28% which makes me think at one point they had planned on a 10 man fellow, idk for certain though I could just be talking out my ass. personally I figured this out after reading some posts on PCDT and discussing with a few other players who were also trying to figure out how it was possible. took me a few hours of tinkering to split it the first time then figure out you needed to kick the original 7 players after the split to make the exploit work.

Xurr

Post #4 »

Semi related, feel free to remove if you don't want it known.

Another group can turn in a ticket right after the statue from someone's winning run decays and the hallway will have the 'win' door still in it allowing them to get a win with no effort.

You can relog to collect the rewards right away.

Dmdtt

Post #5 »

Xurr wrote:Semi related, feel free to remove if you don't want it known.

Another group can turn in a ticket right after the statue from someone's winning run decays and the hallway will have the 'win' door still in it allowing them to get a win with no effort.

You can relog to collect the rewards right away.
that's awesome haha I had no idea, is this still the case if a group wins with like 10 mins left or only 5mins or less?

Xurr

Post #6 »

We've had 10+ minute wins and it worked fine. You just have to be on the ball. Waiting 5-10 seconds works. If you wait 2-3 minutes I know it doesn't work. I don't know where the cut off is at.

Dmdtt

Post #7 »

Xurr wrote:We've had 10+ minute wins and it worked fine. You just have to be on the ball. Waiting 5-10 seconds works. If you wait 2-3 minutes I know it doesn't work. I don't know where the cut off is at.
how long after it starts do you have to go through the win door?

Xurr

Post #8 »

I've never seen the door de-spawn but we've always gone through within a few minutes. It might not last for the whole hour, i don't know.

I do know you can't do it yet again, that is turn in another ticket and go again.

Dmdtt

Post #9 »

Xurr wrote:I've never seen the door de-spawn but we've always gone through within a few minutes. It might not last for the whole hour, i don't know.

I do know you can't do it yet again, that is turn in another ticket and go again.
that's incredible thanks again.

Turk

Post #10 »

So after you get the two toons at the same time, you add 7 more on each side, then glitch 2 more toons, then drop all but the 4 toons that have been glitches plus the original leader? Sounds like it would look like a pyramid if you drew it out on paper. So basically if I am right you only add 2 more toons to the fellow each time it's done. The first set is 17 in the fellow next round is 19 etc or is that wrong?