SSD drive question

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Infinita

SSD drive question

Post #1 »

I'm curious about if anyone have SSD drive and plays AC? Does it help with performance? I never had SSD Drive before so any info would be nice. Does it helps running multiclients too?

Thanks

Starcrusher

Post #2 »

An SSD is the greatest thing you can do for your computer in general. I have been using them since 2008 (bought it to speed up Vanguard:SOH and it worked great for that since it was HD access constrained) and still have my original one working and have bought several since. Overall it will supercharge your access speed 10-30x what a regular HD is (depending on what your motherboard will support). Will it speed up AC and multi-client? Yes and no. It will help with speed, but AC is more CPU bound than most modern games, so if your CPU is older then that would more likely be your bottleneck when playing AC. I have a couple of older Core 2 Duo machines with 8GB of RAM and the SSDs I put in them helped a little, but they begin to bog down after two or three clients whereas my Core i7 will handle quite a few (all CPUs same clock speed 3.0GHz).

Infinita

Post #3 »

I see, I built this computer like year ago. My computer have i7, 8 gb ram, good video card and all. I was able to run 6 client no problem. So I was seeing if it would improve my performance if I buy a SSD Drive.

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #4 »

Infinita wrote:I see, I built this computer like year ago. My computer have i7, 8 gb ram, good video card and all. I was able to run 6 client no problem. So I was seeing if it would improve my performance if I buy a SSD Drive.
You can prob run more than 6 as it is. Just run the followers in absolute lowest graphics and 800x600 windowed.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #5 »

SSD's will improve your pc's performance in general....however, a M.2 drive is even better, if your motherboard supports it.
Immortalbob of MT

Infinita

Post #6 »

HellsWrath wrote:
Infinita wrote:I see, I built this computer like year ago. My computer have i7, 8 gb ram, good video card and all. I was able to run 6 client no problem. So I was seeing if it would improve my performance if I buy a SSD Drive.
You can prob run more than 6 as it is. Just run the followers in absolute lowest graphics and 800x600 windowed.
yeah I figured I can run more than 6, but I'm happy with 6 for several reasons. 6 accts = rank 6 to get mansion and the 3 slots is for other people to join fellowship.

The M2 is new to me, I'm looking it up. So it says that M2 is faster than SSD? Interesting... However, I looked up about my motherboard spec, it do not support m.2. Maybe next year.