Memory leak solutions?

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
bradacc

Memory leak solutions?

Post #1 »

I doubt this is a vtank issue, but this is where the smart people are so hopefully someone can help. The memory usage on AC slowly creeps up over time and I was wondering if this and this are still valid things to try, or are there better solutions? Thank you in advance!

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Absolutely reduce your landscape detail textures to medium or lower

after medium are ToD textures which suck up a lot more resources.

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #3 »

If you don't use any plugins on the old decal bar, you can disable view rendering in the decal options to remove it. It helps for sure...i no longer use the older plugins because of this.
Immortalbob of MT

bradacc

Post #4 »

I use Quest Timer on the old bar, know of any replacements for it? Using the other recommendations seems to have helped quite a bit though. Been running 12 hours and gone up <100 megs.

Dmdtt

Post #5 »

bradacc wrote:I use Quest Timer on the old bar, know of any replacements for it? Using the other recommendations seems to have helped quite a bit though. Been running 12 hours and gone up <100 megs.
there really is no reason to use a quest timer plugin anymore, aside from aug quests(which there is a contract for in TN which tracks the timer automatically) everything is 20hr timer.

my personal experience I generally see about 200mbs memory leak over a 24hr period. I rarely last past 40 hours with 5 clients running before they start crashing due to no memory left. another thing you can do is use a powersaver program, magtools has it as an option for when windows are out of focus to restrict the fps of that client it helps some people a ton.

bradacc

Post #6 »

So I had no idea about the contracts in TN. It looks like those will cover me for;
Tou-Tou KTs
Hosh KTs
Stipend
Bellas
Diemos

Without being at my comp the only thing I can see that I'd miss is I use it with a 30 day timer on my rares, so I know to log my lesser used characters in. I think I will have to try disabling view rendering and seeing how it goes. Thanks for the info!