couple of issues

Discussion on a variety of topics. Ask general Vtank questions here.
Roosta

couple of issues

Post #1 »

Hey guys, I'm not extremely knowledgable in these area's but maybe you guys can help.

One irritating issue- I have somehow lost my vt mini remote, It is clicked on, I have moved things around etc, changed resolution. the other HUD's work fine under Virindi UI's. Not sure what to do!

Another issue- My main account almost always takes 2-3, sometimes 4 times of attempting to log in, gets to materializing my character and cuts out. The other two accounts usually log in fine, doesn't matter in which order they're logged either.

Thanks in advance

Immortalbob
Site Admin

Post #2 »

Roosta wrote:Hey guys, I'm not extremely knowledgable in these area's but maybe you guys can help.

One irritating issue- I have somehow lost my vt mini remote, It is clicked on, I have moved things around etc, changed resolution. the other HUD's work fine under Virindi UI's. Not sure what to do!
I'm sorry I don't remember how to fix this... @hellswrath
Roosta wrote:Another issue- My main account almost always takes 2-3, sometimes 4 times of attempting to log in, gets to materializing my character and cuts out. The other two accounts usually log in fine, doesn't matter in which order they're logged either.

Thanks in advance
Could be due to magtools logs, try disabling magtools and logging in...if that does the trick, clear the logs in magtools.
Immortalbob of MT

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #3 »

Sounds like your MiniRemote was along the edges when you changed resolution, or it got flung out of bounds.

If you don't have a VirindiWindowTool capture (it saves all AC panel locations as well as plugins) then you need to exit ac, locate your VirindiPlugins \ VirindiViewService folder and delete the "vvs.s3db" file. Log back in to game and your plugin locations will have reset.

The second issue definitely sounds like Mag-tools logging problems.
Clear your logs, and also look in Decal and let us know what version of Mag-Tools you are using.

Roosta

Post #4 »

Allright, I was able to log in w/o mag-tools- the version is 2.0.9.
Chat logs? was there another to clear? and on that topic are there any things "anywhere"
else i could be clearing/deleting to help out?

My Remote is still MIA, I run three accounts via multiclient, went into each folder and deleted vvs.s3db...

Thanks for the responses and help!

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #5 »

Roosta wrote:Allright, I was able to log in w/o mag-tools- the version is 2.0.9.
Chat logs? was there another to clear? and on that topic are there any things "anywhere"
else i could be clearing/deleting to help out?

My Remote is still MIA, I run three accounts via multiclient, went into each folder and deleted vvs.s3db...

Thanks for the responses and help!
This makes no sense.. 3 VirindiViewService folders?

You don't have a Vtank/plugin install for each client. You have ONE install of each plugin that works for ALL clients.
Your issues lie in the fact that you somehow have multiple installs.

I shouldn't even ask this because you need to fix the root of the problem but...
Did you delete the vvs.s3db files while you were still logged in to the game? If so, when you logged out they were re-saved at current settings, so deleting them did nothing.
Log out, delete, log back in.

Roosta

Post #6 »

Yea i was logged out completly, apparently my virindi plugins etc was under /games so when multiclient duplicated the /games folder.... anyway good place to put virindi plugins? and what steps should i take to clear all those out?

Thanks

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #7 »

You need better organization. You shouldn't have ANYTHING installed directly inside C:\Games

You should have
C:\Games\Asheron's Call (you only need multiple copies if using ACMC/ACDC, if you use ThwargLauncher you only need 1 install)
C:\Games\Decal (or default C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\Decal)
C:\Games\VirindiPlugins

1 copy of AC
1 copy of Decal
1 copy of the Virindi Plugin bundle.

In all honesty, you need to delete everything you have and start from scratch else you'll end up with even more issues.

http://thwarglauncher.codeplex.com/ -- read the help

Roosta

Post #8 »

Ok, Mess is cleaned up. Everything seems to be running and working Very Very smoothly, thank you!

HellsWrath
Site Admin

Post #9 »

Fantastic, glad it's working.

bradacc

Post #10 »

HellsWrath wrote:You should have
C:\Games\Asheron's Call (you only need multiple copies if using ACMC/ACDC, if you use ThwargLauncher you only need 1 install)
So this is the first time I've heard of ThwargLauncher. Is it considered superior to ACMC/ACDC? I use ACDC solely because it saves name/pass, but am open to alternatives, especially when I go from my current 2 accts up to 9 (any day now please Sev).